Battle of the Dawn (Part 3)

No One's Pov:

Lucifer smiled and moved towards Bendy, only to be stopped by Captain Cuphead. "Well, the little demon needs a body guard," Lucifer teased. "Shut up, before ya get more than a beatin'!" Lucifer only smiled wider and drew his sword, "Shall we?" Cuphead did the same. Soon, there was a final stand off of the two captains. The fighting around them slowed down to an eventual cease. The only man of Lucifer's crew left was Lucifer himself. Every swing Cuphead made was blocked, but so was it for Lucifer. Finally, Cuphead found a wake point on Lucifer. Cuphead knocked the devil off his feet and into the sun, laying flat on his face. Everyone cheered. Captain Cuphead turned around to accept his praise before delivering a final blow, finding it was a fatal mistake. Before anyone knew what was happening, Cuphead fell to the floor. Behind him stood the vermin Captain Lucifer, his sword glistening with blood. His body sizzles from being exposed to the sun, but his triumph caused him to ignore it. "Cuphead!" Bendy ran to the fallen Captain, pulling him into his arms. Blood was everywhere. It was on Bendy's hands and face from holding his bleeding love. Cuphead lay in Bendy's arms, eyes glazing as he continued to lose blood. "Bendy..." The small demon had tears streaming down his face. "Y-yes, Cuphead?" The captain put his hand on Bendy's cheek and have a sad smile. " I'm afraid this be the end of me  voyages... Bendy, I'm sorry... This... This be goodbye..." His hand fell from Bendy's face and his eyes glazed over as the Sun set in the distance. "Cuphead? C-Cuphead... N- No... NO!" Bendy screamed out everything that came to his mind, out of devastation and anger. Finally, he looked up at the vermin Captain and his eyes flared. Slowly, he set Cuphead on the floor, then stood. "Y-you... You're ta blame for all of this... You took away his brother, her parents, and our mother... You... You deserve to die." Before even Lucifer could react, Bendy whipped out Felix's gun and fire a the devil's head. For a moment, Lucifer stood there, a smoking hole in the middle of his head. Then he dropped to the floor, lifeless. Everyone else cheered, but Bendy only sank to the floor, looking at his fallen love. "Bendy..." The small demon looked up to see Shera. The young fox say on her knees next to him. "I think... I think I can help." Bendy shook his head, "How could you possibly-" Sheds cut him off, "I can give him my life... I made a deal with a witch that, if ever I lost someone I cared about, I'd give them my life... He won't be immortal, thank god... But, won't be alive either." Unfotunately, Boris overheard the last part of their conversation. "Shera, what are ya intendin' on doin'?" Boris nearly grabbed her in worry. "Boris," Shera sighed, "I love you, but... I'm going to trade my life for the Captain's." Before either of them could object further, Shera stood up and looked at the night sky. "Alright... I'm ready to cash in our deal... My life for Captain Cuphead's." Suddenly, the sky swelled and swirled. A bolt of lightning struck the young fox, then was gone. The sky settled back and Shera fell to the floor. "Shera!" Boris bolted for her and scooped her up in his arms, only to find she was gone. Cuphead stirred and sat up. "W-what? I... What?" He looked around, confused. Bendy jumped on his love and kissed him. "Don't ya ever leave me again, he hear?" Cuphead smiled and nodded. Slowly, he stood up and looked around at all the pirates. "Today was a victory! A victory many of us though would never take place... I for one never thoug I'd avenge me brother. But here we are, victorious!" All the pirates cheered. Cuphead looked over at Boris, now standing up still holding the fallen Shera. "We lost many crewmates, but they were more than that... They were family. We are all family! From now until the world ends!" A cheer erupted from every pirate, even Boris himself. 

They all knew it was true, of course. Family was the one thing each of these toons has lost. Some lost their brother or sister, some their parents. Even those who had lost a friend or lover lost their family. Family runs deeper than blood, it comes from the heart. That was the one thing they all now understood. That was the key. The one thing that could open all the doors to their adventures and ideas. The one thing that opened their heart's. The one key... The Skeleton Key.