More Than Friends - Part 2

Jesse's POV

I suddenly woke up but I wasn't on the couch watching a movie. I was in... a bedroom? I didn't recognise the room. How did I get here?

A figure walks in wearing a black outfit. I couldn't see who it was as their whole body was covered.

"Where am I?" I asked the silhouette.

He turned to face me and spoke in a deep, empty voice.

"That is for me to know and for you to find out." He replied.

I raised a brow in confusion and got more curious as to who he was, what he is doing here and why am I here with him.

"I'm assuming you know who I am so may I ask for your identity?" I asked.

"I'm afraid not. Sometimes certain things are not worth giving away."

All went silent. I looked around for any signs of an escape route. This guy was definitely not a friend even though he hasn't done any harm to me... I can just see it.

"What do you want from me?"

"I want to see if you're worthy for your title of being a hero. Are you really a leader? Or are you a failure?" He questioned.

"What's that got to do with you?"

"I am going to test you. Only a true hero...a true soul...can accomplish their goals. Your goals are to protect both your people and your friends... which is why I'm using your friends as your test. If you fail to impress me then I'll kill them one by one in front of your eyes. Understand?" He explained.

I glared at him and nodded.

"Challenge accepted."

*Time Skip*

After being threatened and agreeing to the challenge, I was dragged out of the room and placed into an arena where the figure left and slammed shut the iron doors behind me. Suddenly I heard an echo coming from above me.

"Your first test is to see if you strong enough to be a leader. You shall go through an obstacle course and fight monsters in the time being. Let's start shall we?"

"Wait! How am I supposed to kill all those monsters without any weapons!? Hello!?"

Ugh he's ignoring me. Nothing I can do about that. Let's just get this stupid thing done and dusted.

To my left, a passageway of lights, obstacles and monsters appeared. The walls around me started moving in, forcing me to the challenge. Now being in the space, I got into a position, ready to run.

A buzz sound went off and I started running. Twisting past objects and jumping over hurdles, I was soon met with a couple of zombies. Two of them were close to me so I decided to take them down. Punching them and rolling under their attacks I managed to end them and sprint past the others spawning around me. Still running, I notice a curtain of lava pouring to the ground.

"Ah!" I yelled out of surprise as I skidded under it in a nick of time.

Rolling to me feet on the other side I see the finish line just up ahead.
Panting and sweating I cross the checkered line and come to a stop.

"Good job. You have the potential of a leader with your swift thinking and technique in fighting."

"Yeah yeah just take me to the next test will you?" I say breathlessly.

*Next Challenge*

I was strapped to a wooden chair being trapped in a heavy chains that were locked by my hands, which were behind my back, with a glass floor that had a furious lava pool beneath it. There was a timer hanging on the wall that I was facing, so having seen that I presume I have a limited amount of time to unlock my chains and stop the clock.