Make A Splash

Requested by GoldSwanShipper

Lukas's POV•

Deep breaths.

Jesse had suggested that we go for a little outing to a secluded and quiet area near the outskirts of Beacon Town. What are we going to do on this outing, you ask? Well. There's talking, eating, laughing, playing I Spy... and swimming. Guess what I'm nervous about.

Yup! Got it in one. Swimming.

When I was younger, I never had a pool in my garden, or any sources of water to learn how to swim. I never partook in galas at school, and now I kinda wish I did.

Worrying about it won't change the fact that I can't swim. So all I have to do is deal with it.

Jesse's POV

Blanket? Check.
Towel? Check.
Snacks? Check.
Best friend? Not yet

I was ticking my list while I was walking to Lukas's house. As I got to my last checkbox, I glanced up from my piece of paper and took in the site before my eyes.

Best friend? Check.

I shoved the list away, letting it get crumpled between the blankets' folds in my basket.

Setting my foot on his front porch, I didn't even get halfway to the door when it creaked open, revealing the cheery face of my best friend!

"Hey, Jesse!"

"Hey! Are you all set to go?"

He gives a subtle nod and steps out of his house, clicking the door shut behind him.

He offers to take the basket from me. Such a gentleman.
I allow him to take it from my arms, his fingers slightly brush my arm as he took it...

*Time Skip To Pond*

•Lukas's POV•

Great! We just have to lay everything out and then we can just chill.

With the help of Jesse, setting up our little picnic blanket as well as our snacks, we were done in a jiffy!

I went and lay down on my back, gazing absent minded at the clouds as they deformed from their previous shape.

Jesse lay down next to me, staring towards the crystal blue sky. None of us said anything, yet the silence that hung over us was comfortable.

She sighs and turns his head to face me. I copy his actions.

"So. Anything out of the ordinary happen in Beacon Town? How's radar handling his promotion to 'Hero in Residence'?"

"Nothing special or out of the norm. Radar is really living up to his title. I'm so proud of him." She said.

I silently agreed by nodding my head.

"Let's go for a swim!" She excitedly exclaimed. I swear my heart kinda stopped for a second, because it definitely felt like it. She strips down to her swim suit and rushes to the river bank.

'For goodness sake, Lukas! Be a man! Show some confidence! Besides, you can just sit by the bank, in the shallows... right?

Gradually, I strip from my shirt, exposing my skin to the warmth of the sun. Alright I'm coming!

The moment I reach the edge of the water, I feel like I've seen a ghost.
Who knew water could be so terrifying?

Slowly, I step into the slow-moving current of the warm river water.
So far so good...

"Haha come on! What are you waiting for? The waters great!" She screamed in joy from her place in the water.

"I'm coming, I'm coming, calm down woman!" I joked as I finally sunk into the water.
Perfect. Stay right where you are. No deeper than this.

My somewhat 'perfect' plan didn't....go according to plan? Jesse swam up to me and dragged me deeper!

The current was stronger here and I was struggling to contain my fear.

Suddenly, a strong current swept me away from Jess, pulling me below the surface, gasping for air, I only take in water! This causes me to panic even more!

Oh no! This is how I die! This is the end! And I didn't even get to tell Jesse I... I love her. Oh I'll die with that regret!

As I'm slipping from all consciousness, I faintly feel a pair of small hands grab me, dragging me back up to the surface.

Barely conscious, I can make out the sound of mumbling. I can feel her faint touch. So comforting. At least I can die with the feeling of her gentle touch...

That's when it felt like my life was coming back.

Was she... giving me CPR?

Wait... CPR... means... mouth to mouth!

That's when I felt her lips. Wet from the water, but still warm.

Jesse's POV•

Compressions. Mouth to mouth. Repeat.

'Come on come on! Wake up! Please!'

I can't lose him. Of all people, not him.

"Come on buddy! Give me a sign that you can hear me!"

Compressions. Mouth to mouth. Check airway. Repeat.

I have to admit. Even though this was a serious situation, I still enjoyed the mouth to mouth part. But it felt wrong to enjoy it...I felt guilty.

As I was losing all hope that I had gotten to him too late, his lips electrified as he kissed me back, his arms snaked up to my hair, weakly tangling his fingers in it. I shot up and away from him in surprise.

"Lukas!" I cried in joy. Tears pricked my eyes as I fell back into his embrace, welcoming another kiss. A longer, more passionate one.

Oh how I've dreamed of the day  to do this! The day I get to say to all the girls, 'he's taken! By me!' To say he's mine.

"Oh, Lukas! You scared me! I'm so glad you're ok! I... I wouldn't enjoy life if you weren't in it... maybe this is too forward, but...-"

"I love you too, Jess." He cut me off.

I felt the heat in my cheeks and I grew shy.

"Ha. That's a relief. But I wanted to say it. I love you, Lukas Porter." Phew! That was actually pretty easy!

His response came in a flurry of short, sweet kisses around my face and neck.

"Hahaha that tickles, Lukas!" And in turn he chuckled and we both lay on our backs, watching the clouds morph into irregular shapes, forming pictures.

Funny how a fun day out with a friend turned into a date.

Yayyyyy another chapter. I'll try and work on a schedule, if I can't, I'm sorry😅

Hope you enjoyed! Requests are once again open!