Falling For You

Hellooooo!! I haven't had time to update, so I just copied this one shot from my other book. Hope you enjoy this while I work on a new part :)

This takes place during episode 2

Jesse's POV

We had traveled far and wide to get to this place. To find Soren. Seeking one of his most powerful creation's - the Command Block. But before I carry on from here, let me take you back to a few hours ago...

***

Olivia and I had come back from Redstonia with Ellegaard trailing behind us. She believed me about the world being in danger after the Witherstorm had invited itself to a destruction party while Ellegaard was trying to recreate a very powerful object called the Command Block. It was designed by the architect of the Order Of The Stone - Soren.

According to Magnus; the Griefer, whom Axel snuck in while I was gone - and Ellegaard - Soren had disappeared into the mountains to build a fortress and stay hidden along with the power of the world... a secret from society.

We had to pocket the Command Block ASAP if we wanted to help save the world and be out of harm's way of the Witherstorm. We had to find Soren. We - well Magnus and Ellie - were on about... I don't even know what they're on about and I was getting a bit annoyed at their fruitless bickering. As I was about to end the war... the battlefield blew up with a burst of angered howling. A very hungry, furious, black silhouette made an appearance. We had to move.

After the immediate evacuation, we were on our endless marathon to Soren's... on the horizon of the mountains' peak.

After running and fighting side-by-side, we all slowed to the contented pace of a stroll. I felt a pair of eyes staring at me from the back. I peaked over my shoulder to identify who the spy was.

A pair of blue eyes met my green. He noticed he had been caught and looked the other way to hide his face. I smiled looking forward again. I always fancied Lukas. He may have been a coward, but I find his flaws adorable. I know deep inside, behind that scared, lost face is a fierce fighter... trying to find his place in this group and where he fits in society.

***

The journey had felt like an eternity, but I suppose that if you keep your guard up for a while, everything seems to take a lot longer...

In front of us stood two tall doors. Magnus - being the impatient person he was - pushed past everyone, almost knocking us off our feet, opened the doors and stormed in. The remaining ratio of people outside made their way in to be faced with a challenge.

The floor was Broken up into platforms throughout the room, with a drop from a dizzying height. The fairly large gaps between each platform discouraged me a little, but I had to at least try to make the jumps of I wanted to save my world. Before I took a leap, I made the mistake of looking down. I took a step away from the ledge because... well... let's just say you will need more than plastic surgery if you fall face first on the ground, many, maaaany meters below.

I noticed that I lost a bit of my confidence again when I realized that I wouldn't be able to make those jumps, seeing that I'm so short. One-by-one everyone went except for Ruben and I. I took a deep breath before backing up and running to gain forward momentum. I was almost at the edge to jump when I changed my mind and hit the breaks. Unfortunately for me, (and my bad timing) I went tumbling to my 'death.'

I was ready to go to a surgeon and fix my face, only to realize I wasn't going to break my body. Instead I was being helped by a specific blonde. He was grasping my wrist while also trying to keep himself from falling down with me. Unfortunately with the lack of anything to hold onto, we both ended up on the cold stone surface below us.

Ruben jumped down with us, thinking it was part of the plan and ended up using Lukas as a landing,  deciding it was funny. Ruben never really took a liking to Lukas and his gang. I don't blame him... after what Aiden did to him at Endercon, I wouldn't expect him to fully trust Lukas. I'm going off topic here... I need to thank Lukas for at least trying to help we out back... - uh - up there.

"Ugh that hurt... thanks Lukas."
I groaned a thank you.
"Not a problem." He replied. Wait was he... blushing!? I was going to ask why his cheeks were dusted a shade of pink but then he said something that made me giggle.

"Guess I'm falling for you..." he said with and even brighter shade of blush in his face. I thought it was just this really cheesy joke he came up with... but I've been wrong before.

"What's so funny Jesse?" He asked.
"That was a good joke... I should bank that for a rainy day." I trailed off.
"You think that was a joke?" He asked with dissatisfaction crystal clear in his voice. His usually cheerful eyes started filling up with dullness and his crooked smiled turned upside down. I realized then, he was serious.

"What do you mean?" I asked wanting to know if he meant what I think he meant...

"I guess I'm falling for you Jesse. As in..." He trailed off. I stared at him in awe. Looking in his eyes to make sure he wasn't toying with me. I stared at him for a moment, searching for any hint of what he was saying to be a joke, but I found nothing. He felt the same way I did for him. He sat there waiting patiently with his half crooked smirk, hope filled his eyes. Hoping I didn't keep him in suspense for too long I lunge forward and embrace him in a tight hug, afraid that if I let go he will leave me. I come out of the hug, still holding onto his signature ocelot jacket, staring into his happy blue eyes. I bring my hand to the back of his neck, caressing  the hair the was there, slowly inching my head closer to his closer to his and gently kiss him to show how much I care for  him. Ruben held a heavy gaze that shot daggers at Lukas after he kissed me back. He let Lukas have me for just this one moment.

In the future, I'll make sure Ruben isn't anywhere near me when I want some alone time with Lukas.

We were getting up from our seats on the floor when I see purple particles out the corner of my eye.

'Oh man. We got Enderman. Time to get out of here...'

***********