Chapter 3

3 hours later, my name was called for my medical exam. I was the first to be called out of our little group we had formed so my head shot up when I heard it. I looked around slightly worried and hesitated as everyone looked to me, including Ace who had been sitting against the wall with his eyes closed for the past half an hour.

"You'll be fine, its just a medical exam." Logan said and I nodded.

"Charlotte Cooper." My name was repeated and after a second I stood up and made my way over to the woman by the door holding a clip board.

I followed her as she weaved through hallways and then finally got to a set of metal doors. She took the lanyard she wore around her neck and scanned the card. The door beeped and then she proceeded to type in a code onto the keypad against the wall. It then beeped twice and I heard something click before she pushed open one of the doors and motioned me in.

She led me down another hallway and then held open a door for me to go through. I stepped into what looked like a small doctor's office with the usual bed covered in paper, computer, cabinet, and sink inside.

"You have 2 minutes to change before your examination starts." She said motioning to the hospital gown that was laying on the bed and then stepping back and shutting the door.

I quickly changed, leaving my underwear on and then sat on the bed to wait. A few minutes passed before a thin woman with blonde hair up in a tight pony tail stepped in.

"We will be doing a full examination today. It is to my understanding that you have a few medical problems. We will go over everything first to make sure our information is correct before starting your exam." She said first, sitting on her rolling chair and scooting up to the computer and clicking around for a few seconds.

"So, it says here that your main issues are that you experience migraines, seizures, and fainting spells due to a severe head trauma that occurred about 2 years ago, is that correct?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About two hours later, I was finally on my way back to the room. I was relieved to finally have everything over with as a headache was growing behind my eyes.

They listened to my heart, took my blood pressure, did a full eye and ear exam, took blood, did several other things that I had no clue what they even were and finally did a CT scan. Not everybody got a CT scan, I guess they had just wanted to make sure everything was doing okay. By now, I was used to it, I couldn't even remember how many CT scans I had over the past two years.

We finally pushed past the doors and I spotted our group. I made my way over as the woman called someone else's name.

Ace was the first to spot me and he sat up away from the wall slightly, his eyes trained on me as I neared. I sat down against the wall, making everyone else finally notice me.

"How was it? You were back there for so long." Logan said and I plastered a smile on my face.

"It was fine, just an exam, nothing too crazy." I said and leaned back, hugging my right knee to my chest.

"Why did it take so long? I already went and came back. Only took about 30 minutes. We were starting to think you died back there." Henry said and I shrugged but realized he couldn't see me.

"I don't know, maybe they just did more tests." I said and rested my chin on my knee. I looked around and noticed Camilla was missing.

"She's back there now." Callie offered when she saw me notice she was gone and I nodded with a small smile.

After a few minutes I just shut my eyes, listening to Logan and Henry's conversation as I tried to ignore my headache.

Stress made everything way worse and let me tell you, being back there was pretty stressful. I always got super worried during and after the CT scans especially. It always made me wonder if something was wrong again. Most of the time I figured I would rather just not know instead of worry about it.

A while later, the woman stepped into the room again and called out another name. This time, I opened my eyes and looked to who was up next.

Ace let out a sigh before heaving himself up, using the wall as a slight support as he seemed slightly unsteady on his feet for a second. He glanced down to me before walking over to the woman and disappearing out of sight while Camilla re-entered the room. She made her way over and I gave her a smile.

"How was it?" I asked and she turned to me, as if just noticing I was there.

"You're finally back, huh?" She asked as she plopped down on the couch that Callie and Henry were on.

"Yeah, it took forever." I said and she nodded.

"I was only back there for 45 minutes and it sucked but it was alright. Poked and prodded at me like I was a test subject but that's about it." She said with a shrug as she leaned back against the couch. As she did that, her shirt shifted an revealed the top of a silvery scar that ran down the middle of her chest.

"Heart transplant." She said making me look up to her face with a small 'huh?'.

"I was born with a bad heart. When I was 12 they had to replace it, that's what the scar was from. Although I do usually like to make up stories about it like I was kidnapped and someone tried to saw me in half. Or even that a shark punched me in the back hard enough to make my heart pop out so they had to stitch it back in." she said with a laugh. I joined her, shaking my head with a grin.

"That one's believable." Henry joked and the other pair joined in laughing.

After everyone settled I went back to my position with my eyes closed, this time with a tiny smile on my face as I waited. After a while, Ace joined us again and Logan suggested getting one of the board games that sat on a shelf by the wall.

We agreed and he got up to go get one. He came back and started setting it up. It was one none of us had played before so he read the directions while I passed out some pieces.

"You're playing right?" I asked Ace and he shook his head, a blank look plastered on his face.

"Aw Come on. We've still got quite a while until lunch, you'll be bored out of your mind." I said and he gave me another blank look.

"I'll be fine, I don't need to be constantly entertained." He said and I raised my eyebrows at him with a smile.

"But I do, come on." I said holding up his card and he looked at it for a second.

"Fine." He said and I beamed, sorting out his pieces.

"I'll be the spinner." Henry said and I nodded and tossed him the spinner piece. It hit him in the knee and he felt the ground for it.

"Woops, sorry." I said as he finally found it. He smiled and shook his head, switching so he was on his stomach on the beanbag he was on.

We read the directions one more time so we could make sure we were playing right and after a while, we got the hang of it. I started to slightly regret making Ace play as he pretty much wiped the floor with our butts without even thinking about it all that much.

"Stop sending me back." I groaned and laid my head in my hands.

"You're the one who wanted me to play." He said and I looked up to him to see his blank look still on his face but with a hint of humor in his eyes.

"I wanted you to play, I didn't want you to beat me." I said making my next move. Henry spun again once he heard me and then tipped it to show Camilla her category. She slapped down a card and smirked.

"Hah, suck it Callie." She said as she passed her, making her let out a small huff.

"Careful don't anger her, she may look innocent but you've heard what she can do." Henry joked and I let out a soft laugh. Callie tossed a glare at him and Henry held in his smile.

"Ouch, I don't even have to see you to know the look I just got." He said and I shook my head.

"Your turn Logan."