Chapter 12

I tossed another pretzel into the air and caught it in my mouth as ace sat down on his bed facing me. He raised his eyebrows at me and I gave him a big grin before doing it again. He shook his head with a blank look and I took one in my hand and acted like I was going to toss it at him.

"Catch it." I said and he shook his head.

"No thanks." He said and I tossed him a playful glare.

"Come on, please?" I asked and he looked at me for a second before motioning for me to toss it. I grinned and tossed it in the air towards him. He leaned back and caught it and I let out a small laugh.

"Give me some." He said and I dumped half the bag into his out stretched hand.

"Catch." He said before tossing it in the air. I quickly leaned forward and caught it. I shifted, tucking my legs into a crisscross position before tossing another one at him. He caught it and threw another one to me.

It landed in my mouth once again and I tossed another one to him but it hit him in the nose. His hands shot up to catch it as it started to fall. I let out a loud laugh and his lips twitched up slightly. He quickly threw another one and it caught me off guard. I jumped back to try and catch it but underestimated how close the end of the bed was and fell back, catching myself on the wall, half on the bed but halfway to the floor. A loud deep laugh echoed through the room as I struggled. Ace jumped forward and grabbed my hand, pulling me back up. I looked to him as he continued laughing slightly and a huge grin took over my face.

"What are you so smiley about, you almost folded yourself in half." He said once he stopped laughing with a smirk and I shook my head slightly, still looking at him in disbelief.

"Nothing." I said with a smile and he shook his head, sitting back down on his bed. We picked back up the game and continued until we ran out of the stolen pretzels.

That night I fell asleep with a smile on my face, the sound of his smooth comforting laugh in the back of my mind, happy that I had succeeded to not only make him smile but make him laugh.

And to think all it took was me just about snapping my neck, huh.