Chapter 13

On Tuesday in the middle of the night I woke with a jolt. I sat up in my bed, blinking the sleep from my eyes and trying to figure out what it was that woke me up.

I listened for a second and heard something out in the hallway. I heard Ace take in a deep breath and sit up when he saw me. Before he had time to ask why I was up, another noise came from the hallway and this time it was a voice yelling. A voice that belonged to Logan.

I immediately jumped out of bed and ran over to the door to fling it open.

"Charlotte wait!" I heard Ace say but I was already in the hallway, running towards Logan's room.

As soon as it came into sight, I saw a fist flying forward and connecting with Logan's face.

He fell backwards into the wall and the boy who had hit him grabbed his neck and pushed him against it. As soon as I reached him, I grabbed the guys shoulder and ripped him back with all I had. His hand hit my face as he tried to regain his footing and I felt a stinging sensation on my cheekbone. The guy turned to me, blood dripping from his nose from Logan but two guards turned the corner and came up behind him right as Ace stepped in front of me and shoved the guy away.

The guards grabbed the boy and I turned to look to Logan who was leaning heavily on the wall, his face in his hand as he glared darkly at the boy. I rushed forward and stepped in front of him, blocking his view. He looked down at me and his face turned from angry to worried.

"Are you alright?" he asked looking to my face where I assumed I had some sort of injury.

"Are you?" I asked reaching up and moving his hand to look at his face.

"What happened?" I asked but before he could respond we were ripped away from each other. I regained my footing but he was sent to the ground, his hand going to his leg with a sharp hiss as his face contorted in pain.

"What the hell?" I exclaimed and tried to push my way towards him but my arms were grabbed by a guard. He pulled me back roughly as Logan was pulled to his feet.

"Get off." I said, trying to rip my arms away but I was just yanked backwards. I looked over to see Ace's face pressed against the wall as two guards held him in place but he wasn't struggling.

"Get them back to their room." I heard a man say from behind me and I was pushed forwards, my arms still pinned painfully behind my back. Ace was led beside me, an extra guard following by him but they didn't have as tight of a grip holding him.

When we made it to the door, I expected them to let us go but I was led over to my bed and pushed down to it. I struggled against the man as he tried to force my arms up. I heard Ace yelling but another man came over and helped. My arms were pinned above my head and I heard metal clicking against itself.

They pulled away and I tried to bring my hands down but was stopped by cold metal biting into my wrists. I looked up to see handcuffs wrapped around my bed frame, securing my hands. I looked over to Ace to see them forcing him down, using all their strength to do the same.

One of the men muttered something about us staying in our room before they all exited, leaving just Ace and me.

I pulled on the handcuffs, the metal echoing throughout the room but the only thing I succeeded in doing was sending sharp pains down my arms. I let out a huff and let my arms drop down to my pillow. The only thing that could be heard in the room was both Ace and I's ragged breathing.

A silent tear rolled down my face and I wiped it with my arm, breathing out a puff of air.

"It will be okay." I heard Ace say as he shifted and I just stayed silent, looking towards the ceiling.

Two hours passed and I was still awake. Every 20 minutes, I heard Ace shift uncomfortably as he tried to find a comfortable position. Eventually I rolled to my side, my back facing the window and fell into a restless sleep, waking up every once in a while and moving around, a throbbing pain settling all throughout my left side.