Chapter 7

Two days later, I woke up to the blaring alarm to see Ace already awake and dressed. After taking a few minutes to wake up, I made my way to the bathroom and got ready. When I stepped back out, my eyebrows scrunched up in confusion as Ace was no longer in the room. A frown settled on my face and I quickly slipped on my tennis shoes before making my way out the door and over to the dining hall.

I made my way through the sea of teens and finally got my food and medication before walking to our usual table and spotting Ace, Camilla and Henry already sitting and eating.

"Morning." I said as I sat down and 2 out of three people responded. I tossed a small frown at Ace who hadn't even looked up from his food. It's how he had been ever since I asked what was wrong with him. A small pit settled in my stomach as I slowly picked up my fork and shoved my food around on my plate.

After a few minutes of eating in silence, Callie and Logan made it to the table with their breakfast. Callie quickly sat down while Logan set his food down then awkwardly swung his leg over the bench with a huff. His metal leg brace getting in the way and not letting him bend his knee more than the slightest bit.

"I'm really over this thing today." He huffed when he finally sat down.

"Why do you need it?" Henry asked and Logan glared down to it.

"My leg and spine didn't form quite right. Had surgery on the spine so that's pretty much fixed but couldn't do much for the leg. I need the stupid brace to walk." He said and I nodded slowly.

"That must suck, not being able to walk without something there." I said with a slight frown.

I looked over to ace as he stood up and made his way over to the trash to dump out the rest of his food. I watched for a second before standing up with my tray, quickly excusing myself and doing the same, quickly following after him as he made his way to the room we went into after breakfast.

"Ace." I called over but he continued walking.

"Ace! Hold up." I said as he passed through the doors.

He made his way over to the book shelf and pulled out a book, ignoring me and reading the back.

"Ace, I-" my sentence was cut off by a wave of light headedness hitting me. I stumbled forward, grabbing onto the wall for support as I blinked my eyes.

No, not now. Please.

My head didn't listen as I looked up to see ace looking at me. He opened his mouth to say something but a sharp pain shot through my head.

The last thing I saw before my eyes rolled to the back of my head and my body tensed, sending me to the ground was Ace dropping the book he was holding and lunging forward.

It all hit me at once, making it impossible to think.

My muscles tightened painfully and the wind was knocked out of me as waves were sent through my body.

I shook violently, having no control over my limbs as I laid on the ground, unaware of everything that was happening around me. I felt a pair of hands on me and felt tears slip down my cheeks as a feeling of dread consumed me.

A few minutes passed before I started to come out of it. A few minutes before I stopped to shake and feeling came back to my limbs. I was carefully rolled onto my back and I slowly blinked my eyes open, trying to figure out what was going on. I tried to sit up but was pushed back down. I heard voices and couldn't make them out at first but they started to make sense as my vision cleared.

"You're okay, calm down." I heard a familiar voice say as I took a deep shaky breath. I looked around to see a man in a white coat kneeling by me. My head was propped up and I looked above me to see Ace with a worried look on his face. My head was propped up against his bent leg while his other one was stretched out beside me.

"Just stay there for a minute and calm down." The man said and I nodded slightly, my breaths still coming out in shorter puffs.

After a minute, they had me sit up. Ace put a hand on my back and pushed me up, leaving it there as I leaned forward with my head in my hands. I rubbed my face before sitting up as straight as I could, a skull splitting headache bouncing around in my head.

"Were going to take you down to the medical wing to check you over once you're alright to move." The man said and I shook my head.

"Did- did I hit my head?" I asked and the man looked to Ace.

"No." Ace replied and I looked up to the man.

"I only need to be checked if I hit my head. Otherwise its fine." I said and he slowly nodded before excusing himself and making a call.

"Are you alright?" Ace asked and I hesitated before nodding.

"Yeah. I suppose I should have told you that happens every once in a while, huh? I'm sorry." I joked half-heartedly and he shook his head.

"No, you're fine." He said and then we fell into a comfortable silence until the man came back.

"Alright, you're good to go back to your room and rest for the day. Do you need your migraine medication?" he asked and I immediately nodded.

"Okay, we will have somebody bring it down. Can you walk or would you like us to get a wheelchair to help?" he asked and I shook my head.

"No I'm fine, thank you." I said and he nodded.

"The rest of the kids will be in here in about 5 minutes so if you want to go now, you'll be able to avoid the hassle of getting through everyone." He said and I nodded. He gave me a single nod before turning and making his way out of the room.

I slowly stood up, Ace helping me and holding onto the wall himself. I finally got to my feet and took a deep breath, a wave of tiredness coming over me.

"Here." Ace said and I looked over but make a noise of surprise as his one arm slid behind my legs and the other went on my upper back as he scooped me up.

Before I could even register what was going on, he was already walking forward and dipping out of the room into the hall.

"I can walk." I argued, hooking my one arm around his shoulder but he just ignored me, making his way back to the room.

I fell silent and just listened to his footsteps echo slightly through the hall. I could hear and feel that he put more weight on one foot than the other which sparked my curiosity but I didn't have time to question it before we made it to our room.

I reached down to the door and twisted the knob, shoving it open. He walked in and kicked it closed with his foot. He walked over to my bed and set me down.

I immediately tucked my legs crisscross under me and looked up to him.

"Thanks." I said and he looked over me, as if trying to make sure I was okay.

"I'm fine." I said and he slowly nodded. A knock echoed through the room and Ace opened the door. I saw him nod before shutting the door and turning to me.

"Here," he said before handing me a small bottle of water and little plastic container with my pill in it. I mumbled another thanks before taking the pill and setting the two items on my night stand.

"Get some sleep, you're supposed to rest." Ace said and I nodded. I definitely wasn't going to argue with that one. I reached under me and pulled the blanket out. I struggled slightly with my left hand but Ace reached down and pulled the blanket for me.

Before I knew it, I was under the blanket, my eyes falling shut and thoughts fading as I fell asleep.