Chapter 1

Third Person POV

"This...is Berk. The best kept secret this side of, well, anywhere. Granted, it may not look like much, but this wet heap of rock packs more than a few surprises. Life here is amazing, just not for the faint of heart. See, where most folks enjoy hobbies like whittling or needlepoint, we Berkians prefer a little something we like to call...DRAGON RACING!"

Dragons rushed by with riders on their backs and colors painted on their skin by their riders for the dragon race. The entire village was there to watch the event. Cheers could be heard not far off as the race went through another lap. Fishlegs captured a sheep with his Gronkle, Meatlug. 

"Wooo!" He cheered as the sheep let out a 'baa' in Meatlugs grasp. As they were flying, Snotlout and Hookfang stole the sheep from the two of them. Hookfang smacked his tail into Meatlug and the sheep flew into Snotlout's arms.

"Oh, I'm sorry Fishlegs! You want that?" Snotlout said in a bragging tone. 

"No! Snotlout, that was mine!" Fishlegs shouted and he went back and passed the sheep to the twins, specifically Ruffnut. "Here ya go, babe." She snatched it quickly. "Did I tell you that you look amazing today? 'Cause you do." She groaned, disgusted.

"Come on, Barf. Starting to stink around here." She grumbled to her dragon. Tuff came up to Snotlout.

"Nope! Still hates you!" He said, making Snotlout glare at him. Before he could respond, Tuff then shouted, "Let's blow this place, Belch!" Belch lit Barf's gas and Snotlout screamed a bit in surprise as the explosion went off. The Twins scored another point and Stoick laughed heartily from his standing spot.

"That's nine for the twins!" He announced. "Arrow lags with three! Fishlegs and Snotlout trail with none!"

"And Hiccup and (Y/n) are....nowhere to be found." He sighed a bit.

"Scared him off with the big talk, didn't ye, Stoick?" Gobber teased. "And that girl is always off with her things. She's probably trying to hunt that boy down as we speak, haha!"

Meanwhile, Arrow was smacking Snotlout upside the head, upset that he was helping the twins. He was rather competitive when it came to the games. He couldn't care less for impressing the twins, once again, specifically Ruffnut.

"What are you doing, Snotlout?! They're going to win now!" He snapped.

"She's my princess! Whatever she wants, she gets!"

"Ruffnut?! Didn't she try to bury you alive?!" Arrow questioned in disbelief.

"Only for a few hours!" Snotlout replied.

"Dragons used to be a bit of a problem here. But that was five years ago. Now, they've all moved in. And, really, why wouldn't they? We have custom stables, all-you-can-eat feeding stations, a full-service dragon wash, even top-of-the-line fire prevention if I do say so myself."

Arrow put out a fire quick before returning to the race. He followed quickly after the others. Stoick decided it was time for the final lap.

"It's time, Gobber." 

"Righty-ho!" He waved a wooden hand and said, "Last lap!"

A horn sounded off. The racers all knew what this meant. Arrow perked up, knowing his last chance was in sight.

"The Black Sheep! Come on, Stormfly! We can still win this thing!" He told his dragon.

"Come on, Barf!" Ruff shouted.

"Let's go!" Tuff added after his twin sister.

"Go, Meatlug!" Gobber began to load the black sheep into a big catapult. 

"Let's go, let's go, let's go!" Tuff shouted impatiently. Gobber turned to the black sheep back on the ground.

"This is your big moment. Have a nice flight!" The sheep looked scared before Gobber pulled the lever, sending it flying into the air. Arrow hurried to try and catch it.

"Up, up, up!" He shouted to Stormfly. Stormfly got ready, her talons open to catch. Just as Arrow was about to snatch the sheep, it was stolen away. In a flash, Fighlegs and Meatlug race past, catching it instead. "NO!"

"YES! Good job, Meatlug!" Fishlegs said, pleased with his dragon. He heads to Ruff and Tuff and tosses the sheep to Ruffnut. "Here you go, darling! Mine's worth ten!" 

"Yeah! The Black Sheep!" Ruff cheered. Arrow was stunned by this.

"You guys are fighting for Ruffnut?!" He exclaimed, shocked.

"I'm totally winning!" Ruff cheered.

"We're winning together!" Fishlegs told her. Ruff rolled her eyes before ramming Barf into Meatlug, sending Fishlegs into an uncontrolled spin. He slammed into Snotlout, sending their dragons tumbling head over tail. The crowd went wild. 

"Whoohoo! No one can stop me now!" Ruff cheered, but her brother had different plans.

"Except for me. We're attached, genius! Quit trying to steal all my glory!" The twins tug the sheep back and forth giving Arrow an opportunity to grab it. He balanced on Stormfly's back as they approached the twins from behind, getting ready to grab the sheep.

"Get 'em, Arrow!" Stoick yelled.

"It's MY glory!" Tuff shouted.

"Always ruining EVERYTHING!" Ruff retorted angrily.

"NO SHEEP, NO GLORY!" Arrow jumped off of Stormfly and snatched the sheep quickly before landing back into the saddle of his own dragon.

"Gotcha! Ha-ha!"

"Whoa!"

"Arrow!"

"Well played! Ha, ha, ha! That's my son's best friend!" While Arrow made his way to his net, Snotlout came toward him armed him with a hammer.

"Uh, excuse me!"

"Stormfly!"

Snotlout hurled his hammer. Arrow ducked and rolled Stormfly out of the way. The hammer caught Fishlegs in the face with a 'clang' instead thanks to him chasing after Arrow himself and not being able to move in time. The crowd collectively winced at the scene.

Arrow and Stormfly recovered from their roll, looped over the water, and they blasted past the finish line, dunking the Black Sheep into their basket. Arrow won!

"THAT'S THIRTEEN! Arrow takes the game!" Stoick shouts. The crowd went insane. Arrow stood on Stormfly's back, celebrating and motioning for the crowd to cheer louder for him.

"Yeah! Woohoo!" Arrow cheered in victory. He went down, giving a row of Vikings high-fives before flying up with Stormfly.

"Yep. Berk is pretty much perfect. All of my hard work has paid off. And it's a good thing, too. Because with Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."