Chapter 4

"Haha! There he is! Huh? The pride of Berk!" Stoick called out, happy to see his son. However, Hiccup was far less enthusiastic.

"Who finally decided to show up for work. Yay." Gobber added, swinging at him lightly. Hiccup dodged it, still very distracted. His urgency to speak to his father was the only thing that mattered or was on his mind.

"Sorry. Got held up." He answered Gobber quickly, moving straight on to the problem at hand. You followed closely after him, feeling the same amount of anxiousness that Hiccup was. "Hey, Dad, could I have a word?"

"Something you're itching to tell me?" Stoick asked. Oh boy. Wrong itch, Stoick. You thought, knowing Stoick wasn't on the same subject at all.

"Not quite the itch you're thinking of, but yes." His son replied.

"Good man! Now, lesson one. A chief's first duty is to his people. So, Forty-one?" He called. "Forty-" 

"Could we just talk in private for-"

"That's me! That's me! I'm next! I was ahead of you!" Starkard said, hurrying up. You sighed, slightly upset as well. Stoick wasn't even listening. Why is it whenever something important is going on, Stoick isn't listening at all? I swear, this man never learns. Then again, I could say the same thing about his son on occasion.

"If we could just talk-" Hiccup tried again, but still couldn't get his father to listen to him.

"Excuse me, I've been here all day! Okay, I want one of those high seaters, with lots of spikes and big storage compartment." 

"Absolutely! You got it, sir!" Stoick replied.

"Dad, this is actually a little more important than building saddles."

"Ah-ah! Lesson two. No task is too small when it comes to serving your people."

"Dad. Listen-"

"Oh, excuse us, Grump!" Stoick said, sliding past him.

"Look can we just talk?"

"Grump! You let the forge die down again!" Gobber shouted. Grump fired a shot and lit the blacksmith thing on fire. Hiccup screamed and Gobber groaned before pulling the chain and putting out the fire. 

"That's it, Grump! You're going up for adoption!"

"One of these. And this..." Stoick was still not listening.

"DAD-!"

"There you go! Go on. Have away." Stoick told him. Hiccup sighed, doing his job while still trying to talk to Stoick.

"But, seriously, I really need to tell you about this new land we came across."

"Another one!?" Gobber exclaimed.

"Any new dragons?" Fishlegs asked excitedly.

"We didn't stick around to find out. These folks weren't particularly friendly." Hiccup explained, to which you very unenthused-ly added,

"You mean not friendly at all?"

"Oh! (Y/n) didn't even notice you there! Sorry! You can be pretty quiet at times, haha!" Stoick laughed. You rolled your eyes, now growing frustrated. Is he serious right now?

"Then you won't like it when I get loud." You grumbled. Only Hiccup heard your comment, taking one step away from you to give you some space. 

"Oh, really? Your Night Fury and Armor Blade didn't bring them cheering to the rooftops?" Gobber asked.