Chapter 7

Third Person POV

Stoick and Gobber were going after Hiccup and (Y/n), knowing they had to bring the two of them back to Berk. Stoick's frustration with the two, as usual, was hitting its peak. Those two never listened to him. 

"Boar-headed! Just like his mother! Aye, she could never stay put either." Stoick shouted. "And that girl! She's a match for him alright. Can't ever listen to orders either! I swear those two will never gain any sense!"

"Ah, they're just twenty. And Vikings. I mean, could there be a worse combination? Ha! When I think of how stubborn and senseless YOU were back in the day...well, not much has changed, actually." Gobber muttered as he started to think about it a bit more. Stoick sighed, knowing Gobber was partially right, but also partially not. Still, even if he wouldn't say it at the moment, he was grateful for his friend's helpful advice.

"Ah, you know what he's like. He won't give up, Gobber. And if Hiccup finds Drago, before we find him..." Stoick didn't want to think about that. The possibilities, each one terrible, all ended the same way, making Hiccup's father more worried and tense by the second.

"Bah! NOTHING can hurt Hiccup so long as that Night Fury's around. It's a Night Fury! And (Y/n) and Nightshade are there to back him up! Those two are just as strong of a pair! Not to mention, anytime someone tries their hand at Hiccup, she goes into her own deadly protection mode. That girl is dangerous in more ways than one! For how sweet her heart is, she can get kinda scary actually..." 

Stoick was only half listening to Gobber know. There was something off down below that had caught his eye. Stoick noticed a large crack in the ice.  There something floating in it too. He wanted to find out what it was. 

Stoick turned back and flew down to it. Gobber was confused by this, but he followed him. The two flew by the big whole and Stoick scooped up the item floating in the water. As soon as he saw what it was, the mood between the two friends shifted.

Stoick held Hiccup's mask in his hands and began to think of the worst. He looked at Gobber. Gobber also looked concerned, starting to share the same fears. Stoick turned to his dragon, refusing to let himself believe the worst just yet. They still had time. They still had a chance to save them.

"Find them, Skullcrusher. Find them." The dragon sniffed the mask, getting a good whiff of Hiccup's scent. He let out a roar and began to follow the trail of Hiccup and (Y/n) who had now disappeared. The four of them flew onward through the cold, praying they were on the right trail and determined to find the missing pair of riders and their dragons.

Your POV

*Meanwhile...*

You hurried after Hiccup, Toothless, and Hiccup's mother, who you know knew was named Valka. Nightshade followed after you. Hiccup kept calling to his mother as she hurried along, not stopping. She's fast! She's kept in shape all these years! Not a bad thing, but jeez! Wait for us!

"Hold on! Wait just a minute!"

"This way," Valka said, hurrying off.

"Come back here!" Hiccup shouted.

"Come!"

"You can't just say something like that and run off! You're my MOTHER?! I mean, what the-!? D-do you grasp how INSANE it sounds?!" Hiccup asked.

"Come. Quickly!" She said, ignoring his shouts.

"I have questions!" He called. He tried to climb the rocks. "Where have you been all this time?" He was given a boost by Toothless and Nightshade gave you a boost after they were through. "Gah! What've you been doing?! They said you were dead! Everyone thinks you were eaten by..." Hiccup paused and you soon saw why.