Chapter 11

Third Person POV

*Meanwhile with the gang...again*

"Could this day get any worse?" Snotlout asked.

"Uh, let me see. You'll jump into freezing cold water and then die from drowning." Tuff said.

"Looks refreshing," Eret said, looking over the edge of the boat. He turned to Arrow "Please, ladies first." He said making some of Eret's men laugh at the insult. Arrow glared at him.

"You are a steaming heap of dragon-"

"Duck," Eret said. Arrow reacted fast as Eret did a spin kick, knocking out the soldier there and stealing the weapon. He unchained himself with a grin.

"Warn the others!" A man shouted.

 "Get 'em, you son of an Eret!" Ruff said, admiring Eret as he took down the rest of the crew. "Okay, I love you again." Snotlout looked hurt.

"Ugh. Pathetic. You can still jump." Tuff said to him.

"So? Are we going to save your dragons and get out of here or not?" Eret asked somewhat smugly. Arrow 'hmphed' at him with a small grin and Eret helped unchain them all. "Check every trap. They're here somewhere." Eret assured them. Arrow went off and found the trap Meatlug was in. Meatlug woke up and looked happy to see him.

Eret worked on opening another trap and asked Ruffnut, "Anyone coming?" She wasn't paying attention at all, too busy watching the man work.

"I don't know. You just keep doing what you're doing. Keep crankin'." She said, admiring his biceps. Eret rolled his eyes slightly and climbed up into the trap. Stormfly was there. She woke up and spotted him. Eret carefully approached her, holding out a hand to her.

"Thank you for saving my life." She let out a purr, nuzzling his hand. He smiled a bit, happy that they had an understanding of each other. "Now let me return the favor."

Your POV

*Meanwhile, at the dragon's den*

"Mom, you'd never recognize it. Where we used to make weapons, we now build saddles, wing slings, we even fix dragon teeth! You wouldn't believe how much everything's changed." Hiccup said and Valka cooked some fish.

"Your son's changed Berk for the better," Stoick said. "I think we did well with this one, Val."

"Thanks, Dad." Valka dropped the fish when Stoick tried to place his hands on her shoulders. You understood why. She needed some space and time to process and think over all of this. First Hiccup comes and now her husband? It HAS been 20 YEARS. All of this must be a lot for her to handle. Especially Stoick. 

"Oh, haha. I got it." Stoick laughed a bit as he helped her clean up. Cloudjumper sucked up all the ones that fell. Toothless looked sad. Cloudjumper tilted his head a bit before he hacked up and few and Toothless happily took them. Nightshade nabbed a few as well. You shook your head at the three of them with an amused smile.

"I'm...a little out of practice," Valka said.

"Well, y'know...I didn't marry you for your cooking." Stoick told her with an understanding smile.

"I hope not, her meatballs could kill more beasts than a battle ax. I've still got a few knocking around in here. Haha!" Gobber laughed. You elbowed him with a grin. He chuckled again and took a bit. He looked disgusted. He gave the rest all to Grump and you rolled your eyes. 

"And once you move back in, with all your dragons, Drago won't stand a chance. Everything will be okay!" Hiccup assured, thinking way ahead. You knew that was a tendency of his. Stoick rained his son in before you could.