Chapter 3

You followed after Hiccup on Nightshade as you both looked over the burnt-down forest. You were concerned and confused as to why it was like that. As you rounded some rocks, you saw a fort stuck up what appeared to be a gigantic blast of ice. You were shocked. Hiccup looked back at you and you had no words.

"Stay close." He told you. You nodded and you hurried after him. You both flew around the fort. How is this possible? Water can't freeze that fast. I can see it splashing up in a huge storm, but freezing like that? It would have to have frozen almost instantly. Hiccup seemed just as confused since you heard him mutter, "What happened here?" 

You spotted huge mud prints in the ground. Both Toothless and Nightshade squirmed uncomfortably. You wondered why they had upset them. They weren't usually off-put by something like that. What was different about this?

"Easy, girl. It's alright." You told her, petting her gently. She calmed down a bit. Even if your questions hadn't been answered, you were glad she was better. 

As you both kept looking around, you spotted something. "Hiccup, look over there." Before either of you could react, a man shouted,

"FIRE!!"

"(Y/N), LOOK OUT!!" Hiccup yelled. He and Toothless dodged it, but Nightshades wing and twin tails got caught in a net. You screamed as you fell off.

"AH!! HICCUP!!" He dove to save you. You felt arms wrapping around your body as Hiccup and Toothless caught you. You gasped for breath as you tried to calm down. Your heart was still pounding. He cupped your cheek, his green eyes shining with worry. 

"You alright?" You swallowed back your shakiness and nodded.

"I'm fine. We need to get Nightshade!" He nodded and you maneuvered behind him, holding on as you all hurried to help Nightshade. You all landed and you wanted to run to Nightshade, but she was being tied up and guarded. "Nightshade!" Hiccup pulled out his inferno weapon and you pulled out your weapons. They would be more useful than your whip at the moment.

 They would be more useful than your whip at the moment

The men stared at Hiccup's weapon in wonder. The same happened as soon as you spun both of yours around in your hands. They seemed more fearful of yours rather than Hiccup's. You assumed it was because Hiccup's were more awe-inspiring than yours. Yours were probably more dangerous looking.

"Back again?" The presumed leader asked. He looked at Toothless. "Soil my britches...that is a Night Fury. Thought they were all gone for good. Looks like our luck's had a turn for the better, lads! Don't think Drago has one of those in his dragon army."

"Dragon army?" You muttered.

"Look, we don't want any trouble." Hiccup assured them.

"Ha! You should'a thought of that before you stole all of our dragons and blasted our fort to bits!" The leader shouted.

"What?" You asked.

"You think we did this?" Hiccup asked.

"Dragon trapping is hard enough work as it is, without do-gooder dragon riders sneaking in to rescue them." He growled.