26

Sunday Morning

I woke up to a ringing phone at 3 in the morning, so of course I answered with an attitude.

"Sparkle it's time, she's in labor!" I heard Mace scream through the phone. I was partially still asleep so it didn't fully register when he said it.

"What?"

"Nigga the baby is coming!!" He yelled, causing me to jump out of bed. "Get to the hospital now." I could hear Kyler screaming and grunting in the background.

"Oh my gosh! I'm on my way!"

I threw on a pair of Nike sweats with a matching hoodie, before sliding my feet into my black Ugg slippers. I didn't even bother taking off my bonnet, I didn't have time to fix my hair up anyway so I just left it. I grabbed my car keys and rushed out the house, doing the dash to the hospital.

I arrived at the hospital about 20 minutes later, Ky was laid up in the bed chewing on ice chips. Her nose was red as fuck, so I could tell she had been crying. Mace sat in the chair beside her looking like he was about to pass out. Poor lil thing was as nervous as he could be.

"Hey stink." I said, pulling up a chair beside Ky. She scrunched her face up and looked at me upside the head.

"Not your stink, but hey girl."

"I was definitely talking to the baby. Try again SIS." I said, causing her to roll her eyes. Mace you good over there? You look like you finna throw up." I said, chuckling.

"I'm good..I think." He said in a shaky voice. He definitely wasn't good.

"How many centimeters have you dilated?" I asked.

"Only four and let me tell you something, this is my first and last time pushing anything out of my vagina. Cause this definitely ain't it chief." She said, eating more ice chips.

"Poor tink tink, it will be over soon. Your water broke all ready?" I was so interested in this and her whole pregnancy for some reason. Not that I wanted my own, but yeah.

"Yeah it broke like five minutes after I started having contractions. Girl I thought I had to shit, but then it felt like I was finna shit out some knives so that's when I knew something was wrong. Next thing I knew, there was a pool of water in our bed."

"Right next to me. She had me soaked in all her bodily fluids." Mace said, twisting his face up.

"Oh hush, we in this predicament cause you don't know how to pull out nigga." She said.

"Well when I'm up in some pussy as wet as yours, that makes it real hard. Just wait till you drop, it's on baby." He said, causing her to blush.

"Ew can y'all please stop..she ain't even had the baby yet and y'all already being nasty." I spoke.

"Nobody asked you lil bit." Mace said. "Where yo nigga at, what's his name again? Snappy?"

Oh he got jokes.

"Stop playing wit me, you know his name is Speedy. And I don't know where he is, somewhere in his skin." I shrugged. Speedy wasn't really my nigga just yet, so I wasn't really clocking his whereabouts. We was just kickin it.

Mason seen me with the man one time and ever since then, he refers to him as 'my nigga' even tho I told him he's not even that.

The door swung open, interrupting our conversation, and the motherfucker that walked through it almost made my mouth drop.

It was Rocko, in the flesh.