The Aftermath

Saiota awoke in a bed of red silks. She felt sick, sicker than she had ever felt in her life. Her body was sticky with sweat and her mind was throbbing from a vicious headache. Her sinuses were painful, and tears fell from her burning eyes, and her throat hurt as if someone had just punched it.

She was burning up, she felt so hot, but at the same time, the room and her surroundings felt freezing, she started shaking and wrapped herself in the blankets more, but it did nothing. She was still freezing and she was still suffering from the heat.

Finally, she rolled out of bed, pulling the blankets around her. There was a large window in front of her looking over the city, there was now a group of Gerudo rebuilding the square. In the corner of the room was a full length mirror, next to a wardrobe. She weakly pulled open the doors, only to find nothing but armor.

She groaned and returned her reflection to the mirror. She obviously looked sick. Her eyes were sunken in and looked less gold than red. Then she took a better look. It wasn't just her eyelids that were red and puffy from tears, but her irises themselves had turned into a dark crimson.

"What is happening to me?" She murmured staring into her own eyes.

Then she coughed and kicked off her boots, not noticing the red dust that flew out from her mouth. She got back in bed and shrugged the blankets over her.

She didn't stay in bed for long when there was a soft knock at the door.

"Come in," she said, her voice hoarse.

A kind looking vai walked in with clothes hung over her arm.

"Sav'otta," she smiled brightly walking into the room, and then stopped when she saw Saiota, "Are you feeling alright?"

Saiota shook her head.

The vai laid the clothes over a dresser at the foot of her bed and came by, feeling her forehead with the back of her hand and then she backed off, wiping the sweat off on her pants.

"I'll go tell the others," she said rather officially.

"Wait, the others?" She asked weakly,

"Yes, Princess Zelda has arrived, and Link has been waiting for you,"

What? She was shocked.

"When did Zelda get here?" She asked,

"She got here yesterday,"

Saiota leaned up, "How long have I been out?"

"Around a week or so—"

"What?!" she leaned up and started getting out of bed, if the princess was here, she had to go see her.

Immediately this assistant pushed her back into bed.

"You're too sick, please, stay here," she said

"I have to go see them—"

"I'll go get them, as long as you stay in bed,"

She gave up and nodded. She was still burning up, after all, and she didn't want anyone else to get this sick. The vai left her side and left her in this room. Saiota buried herself further into the blankets, sweat sticky on her skin.

It didn't take longer than 5 minutes for Zelda to storm into her room and fall to her side.

"Saiota!" Zelda cried, the Gerudo vai and Link followed her back upstairs. Link didn't look any different, only a bit less dirty. He was still wearing the same shirt and the master sword was still sheathed on his back.

Zelda looked stunning, even if she was way too worried on Saiota's health at the moment. Her blonde hair was pulled back in a beautifully, braided bun. She wore a simple blue outfit, with a small Hylian insignia over her chest.