The Child

Saiota was standing there in her room at Hyrule Castle with her two scimitars. She hadn't used them since a small battle with some bokoblins three months ago. A wooden post was in front of her. She had to prepare, just like everyone else. The battle would be immediately after giving birth. She didn't have time to lose. She began by delicately moving her swords through the air in a kind of dance. It seemed more like Yoga than sword fighting. Then, placing the swords blades against each other, she gave a slight shout and swung the swords into the post. The blades were both embedded into the wood. She smiled, proud of her work, and then shooting pains shot up through her body and she yelped and fell to the ground, the swords clanged against the floor.

As she wrapped her hands around her stomach, she imagined hands wrapping around her shoulders, and she couldn't help but smile. She could feel herself giving into this warm, and then snapped out of it.

Saiota was an emotional wreck, and she hated herself for it. She hated how weak she was, how there seemed to be nothing she could do to help. She had tried to assist around the castle the following month that past since she returned with Link, but all that anyone ever said was go to her room and get some rest. She didn't want to rest. She needed to help, she needed to do something. This was all her fault and she felt like she needed to fix it.

Her stomach growled and she got the instant urge to go to the kitchens and get a cake. It sounded amazing, but she turned it down. She got to her feet and picked up her swords. She had to train.

And so she did. She trained, throwing her entire body into moving her swords, into the force and speed of her blades. Every couple of minutes her body would ache and scream at her to stop, but she wouldn't. Finally, covered in sweat, the sun went down and she went to bed.

She thought back to the desert, to how Resem was running the place, her home. She thought of the sands, the desert sky, and fell asleep with the galaxy in her mind.

There she was, staring up into the desert sky, beautiful shining stars shone from a deep blue backdrop, and then everything turned to red, that deep maroon color that conquered reality. Gerudo Town was there in front of her, she could see the golden masterpiece that she constructed out of nothing and smiled.

And then she smelt something burning.

Suddenly, out of nothing, a wall of flames emerged from the palace and exploded taking out all of the city, completely wiping out her home. She screamed. Throwing herself forward, racing towards the damage, tears wet on her cheeks.

"NO!!!" she screeched, sprinting to the city, but the more she ran, the further away she was.

Finally she stopped, falling to her knees in despairs.

The fire expanded, until the flames hit her body and snuffed her life out.

Everything went black.

Saiota was screaming and writhing in her bed. No. Not Gerudo Town. Not her home. He would never do that. He would never dare to hurt her like that.

She was still screaming when someone crawled into bed with her and wrapped their arms around her. She immediately froze.

"It's been too long," a voice was muttered into her ear.

Saiota yelled and grabbed a dagger from under her pillow, slowly rolling out of bed.

"What are you doing here?" she shouted,

His boots hit the ground with a thud, each step he took shook the floors. A red cape brushed against the ground. Ganondorf was here, a deep smirk on his face.

"I wanted to see how you were doing," he said, surprising her with his answer, "The next time we meet, things might be a lot more hostile,"

She almost laughed, but then ran a hand through her hair, which had grown considerably since their last meeting, since the Yiga Clan Master cut it all off, "Why?" she asked, "Why do you have to do this? Why is there always more to be gained? Why can you just stop?"