The Battle

Saiota woke up in the middle of the night. It was weird not waking up screaming from a nightmare, no she fell into a dreamless sleep this night. And yet, there was something wrong. She had some kind of gut instinct that woke her up so early. What was it?

She was trying to go back to sleep when she heard a slight thud.

Someone was in her room.

Her eyes snapped open, but she didn't move.

She heard a few more thuds against the floor and then her son started to cry. She waited a second, and then rolled out of bed, grabbed her swords, and faced him.

Ganondorf was there in front of her, standing above her vehvi, he'd been sleeping in old crib.

"Step away," she hissed, if he did so much as to touch her son she would murder him, any past feelings were gone.

He did what she told him to do and took a step back, raising his hands slightly.

"I only wanted to see it," he said,

"I could alert all of Hyrule to your presence in a second," Saiota sneered, warningly,

Ganon laughed, "What good would that do? I could stop them all just as easily,"

For some reason, it seemed like the immediate danger disappeared. She lowered her swords. Cautiously, she approached the crib and looked down at her son. He stopped crying as she reached a hand down to him, he grabbed it with his stubby fingers and she smiled.

"What's its name?" Ganondorf asked, reminding her of his presence.

"I haven't decided yet," she said, still focused on her son, "I was going to name it Adella, but the problem is, it's a boy," she grinned.

The news took him by shock. It was clear that he also thought her vehvi would be a girl.

Ganondorf came closer, taking a step forward, and joining her by the crib. Instantly she felt like he was going to do something. As he looked down at her son, she looked up at him and froze. The triforce gleamed from the back of his hand. She was pulled away by some kind pf force as he reached down and held the vehvi.

NO! She screamed in her mind, or tried to, but she was completely frozen. She couldn't move, she couldn't do anything to stop him. Her son started crying again, louder than before. A single tear streamed from her shocked eyes.

Ganondorf looked at her, grinned and vanished, leaving her and taking her son.

As soon as he left, the bonds holding her were gone and she sprinted forward. True enough, her son was gone. After everything she had done, everything she had gone through to give him life, he was gone, and Ganondorf had taken her.

Rage filled her soul and murder took her mind.

The attacks started early in the morning. It felt like the entire world shook, or at least the Castle did. She heard screams and ran to the window. She could hardly see through the smoke and ash. Castle Town had been hit by fire. Even from so far away, she could see the gates turn into rumble and a small speck marched up the path. Saiota grabbed her scimitars and sprinted out of her room.

She was still exhausted from giving birth, and it was strange not having a stomach the size of a hydromelon, but so relieving.

She ran into Link on the way. He too was hurrying along the halls, trying to find Zelda, rushing to stop Ganondorf from completely destroying the castle. He ran with such ferocity that Saiota could barely keep up with him.