Four Years Later

Saiota was standing in the desert, felt the sun warmly on her skin. As she stood, her feet buried in the sands, everything started to change. The sky turned black, the stars and the sun were gone. She tried to move her feet, but they were stuck, trapped in the ground like it was stone.

For a second, she saw a glimpse of some other dream, it almost seemed. A dark skinned hylian voe stood in front of her, both of them trapped in some kind of stone arena.

"Don't trust him," he said.

Then she was back to this starless desert, back to her normal dream.

In front of her, she appeared. Her mother. She recognized her outfit, the gold outlined white shirt with normal pants, how plain she looked, how her hair was swept to one side. Her back was turned to Saiota.

"Mother?" She asked, calling to her.

Her mother turned around. Her eyes were pits of red and blood leaked from the edges. It seemed her entire torso was covered in blood from a cut in her chest. Saiota screamed. Her mother smiled,

"What's wrong, vehvi?" She asked, taking a few steps forward, "it's me, your mother,"

"Get away from me!" She shrieked, trying to pull her feet away, but she couldn't. She was stuck.

"Saiota, be polite to your mother," a familiar voice rang out behind her, "she hasn't seen you in such a long time,"

Saiota turned her head and there was Unoro, looking exactly the same as the last time she saw her, except for her eyes. The eyes were the same as her mother's horrifically bloodied, and her throat was bloodstained from a cut across her throat. Unoro placed her hand over Saiota's shoulder.

Saiota now pulled out her scimitars, "Get away!" She screamed at the two dead vai.

"You wouldn't hurt us," her mother smiled, laying her palm against Saiota's face, "We're so happy to see you,"

In her hands, Saiota's blades burned. They were like touching fire. She screamed again and let go. They turned to fire on the desert ground.

Saiota looked up just as her mother attacked. She dug her nails into Saiota's eyes. She screamed, over and over again, the pain shaking her whole body. Behind her Unoro took her spear and shoved the blade right through her heart.

Saiota was screaming, writhing in bed, her eyes shut closed, tears leaking out. She heard a door open and close, someone got into bed and wrap their arms around her. She stopped screaming as she woke up, her eyes flickering open.

"What was it this time?" The voe asked, behind her.

"Unoro, and my mother," she said, burrowing herself deeper in the blankets and closer to his warmth, "I was trapped, my feet were planted in the sands, and they attacked me," she raised a shaking hand to her chest, as if to check she hadn't been stabbed through the heart.

They laid there, both of them, in her bed. She was still seeing those monsters. Her mother's kind face turn so cruel in a second as she ripped her nails into her face. Unoro's warm presence shift so suddenly as she impaled her blade into Saiota's chest.

"It was just a dream," the voe said, "You're fine,"

"No, I'm not fine," she said, sick and tired of all of the nightmares, "I haven't had a good nights sleep in years. I've been having nightmares like this for so long. There's obviously a problem,"

The voe didn't respond. They both knew it. He came every night, it seemed, comforted her when she had nightmares, their relationship had changed so much in these six years.