☼twelve☼

We walked back into the restaurant, Oliver following close behind me, "look who I found," I smiled and gestured to him.

My parents eyed us both, and smiled at him, "sorry, about earlier. It's been a rough day," Oliver scratched the back of his neck.

"Oh oliver it's quite alright, please sit back down," my mother said warmly. Oliver and I sat back down in our seats and Oliver scooted his chair a little further away from Lisa and a little bit closer to me. My heart was beating like a drum, the way it does so often.

They continued to talk as if nothing had happened, other than Lisa. She stayed quiet, her lips didn't part once the rest of the dinner.

"So, Oliver," My father started, "we go see the statue at 3 tomorrow, is that alright?"

"Of course, what time do you suppose we leave?" Oliver had a Excited glint in his eye. It was like a little boy on Christmas, awaiting to open his gifts from Santa Claus.

"Maybe around 2-ish; it takes a while to get there," My father shrugged and continued eating his salmon.

"Hm," Oliver looked down for a second to his food them looked up again to my father, "Elio coming?"

"Um," he looked at me then back to oliver, "if he can be as good as he was last year, then I don't see a problem with it," he smiled.

I looked over to him, was that weird? I'm pretty sure it was weird for him to ask if I could go, right? Yeah it was. But I didn't really care, because my parents seemed to be pretty oblivious, although that's what I thought last year, and Lisa is in her own little world, just staring at the waiter, Louis, serving other tables, with a stern look on her face.

Once was got home, we said our good nights and went to our rooms. We all parted our separate ways, no fights, no kisses, no drama, it was just a normal parting, just a normal goodnight.

Lisa and Oliver walked up the stairs in front of me, the tension was the heaviest I've felt in a long time. It was quiet, walking up those stairs, other that the tap tap tap of Lisa heels and the clop clop clop Of Oliver's and I's shoes.

Once we got to the hallway I gave them a small smile before we went off to our separate rooms. It was normal, a normal goodnight. This was going to be a normal night.

It wasn't a normal night. I could hear Oliver's sarcastic voice through the bathroom doors and Lisa's mean and unforgiving voice, which came once and a while with snarky remarks that made me want to bust down the door and save my oliver from this hateful woman.

Oliver never rode his voice, even when she called him a cock sucker, and to be quite fair, she wasn't wrong. I snorted at my own joke. But sometimes the things she said made me want to rip her hair out, there was nothing funny about it.

Eventually, once they had calmed down a bit, and I could only hear muffled voices that talked in, still pretty harsh, but mostly normal tones, I feel asleep.

Eh

Bleh

Dry

I woke up with a dry throat. I searched with my hand on my bed side table for some kind of liquid from the previous hours that I could maybe drink, but none were found. I opened my eyes and checked my watch, 1:16 a.m.

I sat up on my bed, my feet hitting the cold floor and I immediately cringed at the temperature. Nonetheless, I got up and my bones ached with each step.

I was walking up the stairs now, trying not to trip in the dark with my ice water in my hand. It took me about 5 minutes to get up those dark steps with only a few small spills.

I was in the hallway when I saw I figure outside on the balcony. Oliver, perhaps? I looked closer to the person, not Oliver, it was Lisa.

Her small figure was leaning on the ledge and her hair was moving along with the wind. I wasn't going to go see her, but something in the back of my mind pushed to towards her.

I walked slowly, water still in my left hand, and tried to think what I would say. Why was I doing this?

Once I finally got over to her, well behind her, I froze. I could hear her light sobs and sniffs. She was crying. Why did I feel sorry for her? She was cheap. She was a cheat.

But I guess oliver was too.

I shook myself from my thoughts, fearing that she might turn around and see me just staring at her. I walked to beside her, and looked towards her, "hey, Lisa," I tried to smile

"Oh Elio," she wiped her tears not so subtly, "hey, w-what are you doing up?" She looked at me

"Water," she then looked at my glass and smiled but that smile quickly turned into sadness and she started to speak.

"I love him Elio," her voice was hitching up with every word

It stung, I was the only one who wanted to love him, I wanted to be his only love. "I know—"

"Not Oliver," she furrowed her brows, "Louis," he looked out

What the hell was this bullshit?

She looked at me after a while of quiet and saw my disgusted look, "let me explain: I don't think you know this, but I lived here in Crema when I was a teen. My parents and I moved when I was around twelve from Minnesota and we stayed until I was eighteen. My dad was stationed here for the military and it was maybe the best station we had ever been. I fell in love with the city immediately and introduced myself to everyone I saw. I was so excited and I wanted this to be our forever home, I wanted my dad to retire from the military and I wanted him to never be stationed anywhere else, this is where I wanted to stay.
When I was thirteen I started to go to school. I had learned the language well enough, and was ready to face the challenges in a Italian school. That's where I met him, that's where I met louis. He was in my all of my classes and I immediately feel in love with him. The way he spoke, the way he walked, his jokes. But I never spoke up, I was always shy. Until one day he came up to me. And introduced himself, and wondered if I was new. Of course, I said yes and that I was from the states and he seemed so intrigued by that. He asked me all sorts of questions and asked me to say things in English.
From then on we talked everyday. We became so close, and he never knew of my infatuation. Until we were 15 and I finally confessed after 2 years. Turns out, he loved me just as much as I loved him. Then we were a couple until I left. My last week was the hardest week of my life, leaving him was torture. I knew we would never see each other again. I wanted him to come with me, and leave Italy behind him for a while until we graduated high school, then we could came back. But I never asked him, how could i? And then Oliver came into my life when I was twenty and I fell I love again, but I never felt the kind of love I felt for Louis. Then we got married and came back here and then I saw Louis again and...shit. Look, I know this sounds like some romantic movie, but I swear it was my life. And...I don't know.
I love Oliver, I do. But it's just not the same," she dropped her head and looked at the ground, "thanks for listening, I'm human fo though. And...please...don't tell Oliver about this, or anyone for that matter." I nodded and she left me alone on the balcony.

After hearing that, who could blame her for doing what she did?

It's finally out bitches!!!!! (The chapter I mean lmao)

I'd say it's longer than my last few chapters so whoop!

What do y'all think of Lisa's story?

Xoxo