Song Battle(Oliver Wood)

I thought of this a couple weeks ago, but I never wanted to write it. This'll be about getting noticed because of your amazing singing voice. More specifically, your boyfriend Oliver noticing your singing talent. You'll be a fifth year Griffindor.
—————————————————

"Y/N, I'm going to vote for you as the singer for the competition. You sing around me all the time, and I know you could win this for us, unlike anyone else." Your best friend, Hermione Granger, said to you while you were walking to the Great Hall for breakfast.

"You better not. You know I love to sing, but don't forget how nervous I get when anyone else hears my voice. I beg you not to." I love Hermione to death, but she can be really pushy when she knows I won't be able to do something she wants me to do.

Along with the Triwizard tournament this year, Dumbledore decided the Hogwarts Houses were going to be having a singing competition. Each house will vote at breakfast today for the person who will be singing to represent each house. Today, each person will sing a song in front of everyone as a trial run, and then they will sing again in January. The last time they sing will be in May. The teachers who are not heads of houses will be judging the singers, to make sure it is fair. When I first found out about this, I had dreams about it being me, but I would probably have a melt down if I actually got chosen.

Hermione and I sat down in seats by Harry, Ron, Oliver, and the twins. I was too busy looking at Oliver, my boyfriend, to notice anybody else, but when he turned to look at me, I blushed and turned toward the teachers table. Dumbledore was getting ready to announce what was going on today, although we all already knew.

"Attention students," Dumbledore's voice rang loudly, ending the quiet morning conversations. "Today, each house will vote for a singer. Choose wisely, because they will be representing the houses for the whole rest of the year. We'll start over here, with Griffindor."

As soon as he said that, my heart began beating rapidly.  I knew for a fact that Hermione would vote for me, and smart people will follow her lead. She is the brightest witch of her age, after all. I gulped and grabbed her hand, squeezing it. She turned to me, and saw the fear in my eyes. She squeezed my hand, telling me that it would be okay.

"Are there any volunteers?" Dumbledore's loud voice rang out again. Hermione raised her hand. "Hermione, you want to sing?"

"No Professor, I'd like to volunteer Y/N." She elbowed me, telling me to raise my hand. I slowly put my hand up, looking at the back of Hermione's head, because she was facing Dumbledore again.

"And you would like to sing, Mr./Ms. Y/L/N?" I nodded my head, knowing that if I didn't, Hermione would be angry at me. "Okay. Who votes for her/him to represent Griffindor?" Hermione immediately raises her hand, and soon after, most of the house followed her lead.

"And Ms./Mr. Y/L/N will be representing the Griffindor house. Please follow Professor Mcgonagall."

My head throbbed, and tears threatened to fall from my eyes. I quickly stood up from my seat and walked at a fast pace to where she was waiting for me. We walked in silence to a large room. "Are you alright dear?"

My breath left my body completely, and I felt dizzy. I looked up at her, and sunk to the ground. She walked to one corner of the room, and grabbed a piece of parchment and a quill. "Can you write down what's happening for me?" She looked at me worriedly.

I reached for the paper with shaking hands. I'm having a panic attack. I wrote slowly, trying to write it so that she could read it. I handed the paper up to her and once she grabbed it, I hugged my chest.

"Is there a special method to help you, or do you just have to wait for it to go away?" I shook my head, and reached for the parchment again.

I need to go to Madam Pomfrey. I wrote. Slowly, I got to my feet. My Professor noticed I was about to fall, because she put her arm around my side. The door opened, and in walked the student representing Ravenclaw, and their head of house. "If you'll excuse us, we need to see the nurse." Professor Mcgonagall said. We walked slowly to the door, and she opened it for me.

A few teachers and students turned to look at us, while we walked toward the door leading out of the Great Hall. Once Hermione saw me, she ran up to meet us. "Y/N, what's wrong? Are you having another attack? Professor, I can take her/him to the nurse if you'd like." I looked up at Professor Mcgonagall and nodded my head, an audible gasp for breath leaving my lips.

She turned around, walking straight toward Dumbledore. "Y/N, breathe with me." She said, sitting us down outside the Great Hall. We breathed in and out slowly, a short breath leaving my lips again. "Count down very slowly from 30 with me, alright?"

I looked in her eyes. "30..... 29..... 28..... 27..... 26....... 25....." about a minute later, we had made it to 1.  By then, breathing had become easier, but not quite normal yet, and my head had stopped throbbing.

"Do you want to go back in yet, or wait out here for another minute?"

Professor Mcgonagall opened the door, and looked surprised when she saw us sitting there. "I thought you were going to the Nurse?" She asked us, frowning.

"I went to Madam Ponfrey when I had my first attack, and all she did was give me medicine that didn't help at all. The next attack, I went to Hermione, and she helped it go away. I go to her for all of them now." I said.

"Was the cause of it you getting chosen? You don't ha-"

"It's okay Professor, I want to do this. I already had my attack, I'll be fine." I knew that was I lie, but it's too late now. I don't want to disappoint Hermione, and maybe after this... Oliver will notice me more than he notices quidditch.

Oh god oh god oh god. Oliver saw me having an attack. "What do I have to do now Professor?" I asked shakily.

"You'll have to go back inside, and pick the song you'll be singing today."

"Okay... easy enough." Hermione and I got to our feet, walking back inside. Everyone in the Hall turned to look at us. I gulped, and my heart started beating fast.

"Come on dear, just ignore them." Professor Mcgonagall said sternly.

We walked back into the room where Professor Mcgonagall witnessed my attack. "The song choices are over here. You get last pick, because you are last here. The remaining songs are what you get to pick from." I walked over to where she stood, ignoring the stares I was getting from everyone else in the room.

I looked down to see at least 30 different songs. "Can I know the songs that have been chosen already? Or is that considered cheating?"

"Of course you can. Slytherin chose 'Tell all my fake friends' by From Lions to Lambs. Hufflepuff chose 'Bird Set Free' by Sia. Ravenclaw chose 'Middle Finger' by Bohnes. Now it's your turn to choose my dear." (Sorry guys, these songs were all chosen from my playlist. I tried to match songs that would make sense with the houses.)

I looked down at the list. I've heard almost every song on this list, and know many by heart. Most of the ones I've heard, I know by heart. If the singers have a good voice, then this will be a tough competition.

"I'll sing 'Hey look Ma, I made it' by Panic! At The Disco." I said, hoping to Merlin that my voice won't fail me.

"Okay, nice choice." Professor Dumbledore said, walking into the room. "You will have all morning, up until lunch, to get ready for your performance. During lunch, you will be performing. Please find a nice outfit to wear, as you are representing your house. Good luck." As soon as he was done, he walked back out of the room.

———————————————————

I really like this idea I had, and there will be a part 2 to this. Sorry if you don't like the song choices, but they are all songs I listen to, and love very much.

I don't get how anybody can't love P!atd. Brendon Urie's voice is so great! Also, I love this song.

Hope you all enjoyed!

-B

If you like to watch anime, you should watch Voltron: Legendary Defender. Just a warning if you do though, seasons 6 and 7 might ruin your life.