Defending Puffs (Draco)

"Hey Y/N!"  Draco called out to me, running up to me. He hugged me lightly and quickly. "How're you?"  He asked gently.

Draco and I met at dinner one night and we've been friends since, even though I'm a Hufflepuff.  We sit together in every class we can, and we always sit together during meals. Every time the other is upset, we are always there for each other.  And every time either of us gets insulted, the other rushes to their defense. 

"Hey Draco.  I'm doing great, how about you?"  I asked him.

"I'm good now that I'm with you."  He smirked at me, and I just laughed and shook my head with a slight blush on my face.  Although I would never want to ruin my friendship with Draco, I have a crush on him.

"Yeah, right.  Are you exci-"  I got cut off by the sound of Harry yelling at Draco.

"Leave the poor girl/guy alone Draco. You don't need to-"  Harry was saying.

"He's not doing anything to me. We're friends.  I know this may be a big surprise to you, but he can be an amazing guy!"  I said.

"And what are you doing with that Mudblood?"  Draco asked Harry, nodding at Hermione, who was with Harry.

Her eyes started watering, but she didn't let herself cry, she just glared at me. I gave her a genuine apologetic look, but she probably thought I was making fun of her.

"Leave Hermione alone!  You're just filth, who hangs out with filth."  Harry yelled, then looked at me.  "I thought Hufflepuff was the nice house, but that probably just means you got sorted wrong?"  Harry yelled.

My eyes started watering, and I was going to retaliate, but Draco was quicker.  He stepped in front of me slightly, then yelled,  "Leave her/him the fuck alone Potter!  (S)he never did anything wrong.  If I ever hear anything about her come out of your mouth, then you'll regret it. Understand?!"  He yelled at Harry, pointing his wand at him.

Once Harry saw the wand, he started backing away. He was about to say something, but I spoke up first. I poked Draco to get his attention. "Let's just go, he's not worth it."  I pleaded.

He looked beyond angry, but I wanted to make sure he didn't get in trouble. He slightly lowered his wand.  "But he-"  he began. 

"What's going on here?!"  Professor Mcgonagall yelled.

"Potter and Malfoy were going to duel Professor!" Someone in the crowd that I hadn't noticed before said.

"Detention! Both of you!" She yelled, looking at them.

"No professor, Potter started yelling at Draco-" I started.

"Would you like to join them Y/L/N?" Professor Mcgonagall asked me.

"And So Draco was just-"

"Detention, Ms./Mr. Y/L/N. You can join them tonight after dinner. My office." She glared at me before walking away.

"You didn't have to do that y'know." Draco said, pulling me into a hug. We stayed like that for a few seconds before I pulled away, just enough to look him in the eyes.

"You're right, I didn't. But that was partially my fault, so I had to. Draco, I love ya too much to leave you alone with someone you hate." His face turned a bright red. "You're the best friend I've ever had." I smiled.

"Oh, I get it. They're dating." Harry smirked as he passed us. He patted my back. "And they're perfect for each other too! A jerk only belongs with a jerk."

Draco's face was more red, and I pulled away from him. "Leave him alone Dray, he's not worth it. He's just trying to get you mad and in more trouble."

"But we're not dating." I looked him in the eyes and burst out laughing.

"That's what's bothering you? Would I really be that bad of a girlfriend/boyfriend?" I faked an offended look.

"No. You'd be a great girlfriend/boyfriend, probably. Would you like to be my girlfriend/boyfriend?" He asked shyly.

I blushed. "Sure Dray, that'd be great." I smiled, and he intwined our fingers before we walked to dinner, ignoring all the stares we got.

———————————————————

Not the best, but better than nothing, right? Right?! Anyway, thank you all so much for reading these💜   Like really! Over 4000 reads, thank you all so much.

-B

There are a bunch of amazing songs in the American Beauty/American Psycho Album by Fall Out Boy. My favourites right now are Jet Pack Blues, Fourth of July, and Favorite Record.