03: A Fresh Start

6 years later

6 years later...

"Taehyung-ah", my eyes slowly opened to the sweet voice of my mother.

"Mmm?"

"It's Jisoo... Son, she's awake" my eyes widened at her words. I quickly jump off the couch, knocking the papers and coffee off the table in the process.

"What?! How?! Take me to the hospital now!", I said and rushed to put my shoes on but she took my hand and sat me back down.

"Taehyung...", she said with a sad expression on her face which worried me. "W-what? what's wrong? Is something wrong with her?", I questioned but she only sighed.

"She woke up, but...she can't remember a thing", she announced and i felt like i might be going crazy. 6 years without her? How could she possibly forget about me, her husband.

"N-no, she can't mom, we've been married for 10 years now, she couldn't forget about me..." I said in a low hushed voice and her shoulders slumped in defeat like she knew I wouldn't beleive her.

"Come on, you'll see it yourself", She said and with that we were off to the hospital.

....................

"She has amnesia, in some cases she might actually get her memory back, but sometimes it doesn't work like that", the doctor sighed as I just stared at Jisoo in her hospital bed, looking at me like I was a complete stranger, no love in her eyes anymore.

"Jisoo-ah, remember me? Your husband, Taehyung, you remember right?", my voice cracked as I held her hand with teary eyes, but...

She pulled away.

"M-my baby" she said in a raspy voice and moved her hands to her stomach and my heart broke instantly.

"Honey, you don't remember? we don't have a child" I said in a sad tone but she shook her head. "We? You're not my husband mister, I clearly remember Eunji, she was right here with me everyday" Jisoo said in an angry tone and that was enough for me to break down.

"Sweetheart, I don't think it's wise to try and make her remember, she'll come back on her own" My mom said but I brushed her off.

"And what if she doesn't?! you know...we were gonna name the baby Eunji since it was a girl" I wheeped as she tried to find some way to comort me, but nothing could make me feel better about this.

I thought I lost her 6 years ago and this is what It finally comes to. I shouldn't have been so goddamn selfish.

"Taehyung?" I hear a familiar voice and turn around to see Irene with Jang-mi holding her hand.

"Appa!" Jang-mi shouted and came running to me, jumping into my lap and I couldn't help but hug her back.

But I felt even more guilty, after what Jisoo went through I fucked everything up, I almost lost the entire mafia, I went and got some girl pregnant. I was so broken and did everything you could think of.

This is just karma right?
I'll go away soon right?

A sudden screech alarmed us all. "Eunji-ah! Eunji get away from that man right now!" we all looked at Jisoo in shock and confusion.

"E-eomma, who's this strange women?" Jang-mi said while backing away from me. It wasn't soon before Jisoo was out of her hospital bed, coming closer to her.

"Jisoo what are you talking about?", I shook her trying to find any sign of sanity left in her.

"Thats my eunji, let me go!" jisoo screamed and ran towards Irene, tackling her down in the process.

"Why did you take her away! huh?! Answer me!" she screamed as she strangled Irene who was screaming for help.

Nurses and security pulled jisoo away and said we all had to stay out for a while so they could give her some pills and shit like that.

"Well, this a rare case yet not uncommon, it seems your wife mistakes your mistresses child as hers" the doctor said while slightly fixing his galsses while writing something down on his clipboard.

"Im not his mistress" Irene sharply commented and clung to my arm but I shrugged her off.

"Anyways, it's possible that she could mix other people up too, since patients like her basically forget the things that caused them pain, she might mistake someone else as her husband"

The doctors words were making me angry. The thought of jisoo calling someone else her husband made me furious. She's mine and only mine. Maybe I'll just have to keep her away from everyone until she comes back to her senses.

"So is that it, we just wait it out?" I ask and the doctor puts down his clipboard.
"Well I do recommend that you allow jisoo to think the child is hers for the meantime as she slowly gets her memory back, I usually don't do this but her case is severe and It could help her" she smiled and I could feel Irene glaring at me from my side eye.

I know she won't allow this, but I don't give a fuck. We're not together or anything, she's only around because of our daughter.

"I see... thank you doc" I bowed before dragging Irene out to the parking lot.

 thank you doc" I bowed before dragging Irene out to the parking lot