♢Chapter 26♢

Todoroki, Bakugou and Uraraka made their way outside to the courtyard, where Kirishima was, who was back in his dragon form, waiting for them to arrive.

"Are you guys all set?" Uraraka asked them. The two boy's turned to her and nodded. "Ready as I'll ever be" Bakugou spoke.

Todoroki scanned around the area, looking for Yaoyorozu. He felt bad for not letting her go with them, but he had the best intentions for her. He didn't want her to go, cause she was already hurt, and he'd never forgive himself if she got hurt again.

"Do you know where Momo is?" Todoroki asked Uraraka as he turned to the shorter girl. She shook her head.

"I haven't seen her after what happened" she replied sadly. Todoroki frowned and looked back at the castle. "Maybe I should go and look for her" Todoroki spoke, when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

He turned his head to see it was Bakugou. "There's no time half 'n half bastard. If we don't get going, who knows when Endeavor finds a good time to strike this island" Bakugou explained to Todoroki sternly.

"Well I don't want to leave until I find out if she is okay. I'll be back in 15 minutes" Todoroki told the ash blond as her shrugged the hand off his shoulder and ran inside.

Bakugou let out a frustrated sigh. "Love, I will never understand it" he muttered. "Well love will make you do crazy things for the one you love. It's sweet, but dangerous. You could put your own life on the line for your loved one or someone you care about" Uraraka spoke as she watched Todoroki run inside.

Bakugou frowned and crossed his arms, looking down. "I knew someone like that" Bakugou mumbled to himself.
"Did you say something?" Uraraka asked him. He looked up and shook his head. "I didn't say anything round face, now shut the fuck up!" Bakugou yelled at her.

Meanwhile, Todoroki was running around, looking for Yaoyorozu. It would be an understatement if he said he felt a little bad. He felt really really bad.

He knew Yaoyorozu wanted to help, but he didn't want her getting hurt. He already felt bad enough for her getting stabbed by his father's sword. He shouldn't have even let her go back to her Kingdom in the first place. He should have stopped her.

As Todoroki ran down the hallways, he heard something down the hallway.
Was that, crying?

Todoroki slowed down and quietly walked down the hallway, coming closer to the origin of the crying. As Todoroki turned a corner, he saw it, and he felt his heart shatter.

It was Yaoyorozu, sitting on the ground, crying, her knees tucked into her chest and her head down low.
Todoroki stood there for a moment. Why was she crying? Was she in pain? Was she upset? Was it what happened earlier?

He quietly walked over to Yaoyorozu, and knelt down to her level, but she never noticed him, not until he placed his hand on her shoulder.

Yaoyorozu flinched at the feeling and lifted her head up and turned to face Todoroki. As soon as she saw it was him, she turned her face away from him, rubbing her teary eye's.

"W-what are you doing here" Yaoyorozu spoke bitterly, but it was easy to tell she was choked up from the crying.
"I...wanted to make sure you were okay" Todoroki spoke quietly.

"Yeah. I'm fine, so you can go now" Yaoyorozu told Todoroki, turning her head away from him. The tone in her voice and the way she looked away from him, hurt Todoroki's heart.

Todoroki sighed as he sat down next to Yaoyorozu, silence between them for a while, until Todoroki decided to speak up.

"I know your upset at me Momo, but can you tell me why? I know it's probably something obvious, but not for me. I find it difficult to understand other people, and I find it hard to figure out what upset people" Todoroki explained to her.

It was true. He never knew that many people, so he found it very hard to see how other people feel. He only knew the basics like happiness, sadness, anger and emotions like that and only a few ways that those emotions were triggered.

But as he grew older, he found out that many people have different emotions to different things. What might seem funny might make other people angry and for on.

There was more silence.

That was until Yaoyorozu spoke.

"I'm sorry that I got so angry Shoto. I guess I'm just confused".
"Confused? About what?".
"Everything. I feel lost, confused, unless and things like that. I don't know what I'm going to do after this is all over. Where will I go? I can't go home cause my home was burnt down, and what does that make me? I don't know if I should be labelled a princess anymore, since I have no Kingdom or castle anymore".

Todoroki sat and listened as Yaoyorozu spilt out all her thoughts and emotions.

"I just feel useless and in a way also. I feel like no one wants me around, cause I'm a burden, but I feel useless at the same time. I want to prove that I can help, that I can fight and that I'm not a princess in need of someone to help me, but I feel like I can't show it when I'm denied to do things. Even a few minutes ago, I felt like you were just all trying to push me away..." Yaoyorozu spoke, rubbing her eyes, wiping away the tears that were treating to fall.

Todoroki looked to Yaoyorozu, with a shocked yet saddened expression. He never wanted her to feel like that, not ever. Not to herself.

"Momo" Todoroki spoke as he held her hand in his own two hands.
"Your are anything but useless. Your strong, smart and beautiful in every way. You are not a burden what so ever, and if anything, I owe you so much. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be here. I would have probably ended up dead by now if you never came into my life" Todoroki spoke, looking Yaoyorozu in the eye.

"And you have proven yourself. Your kind, caring, willing to take a chance that even if am scared to do, like standing up to my father. The fact that you are willing to put your life on the line is already enough to convince me that you are more then capable to fight. The reason we all denied you to come with us, is because your hurt. That doesn't make you weak, it just means you need a little time to rest" Todoroki explained to Yaoyorozu calmly, not taking his eye's away from her.

Yaoyorozu was quiet for a momont. Todoroki panicked in the inside a little. Did he say something wrong? Did her upset her more?

"Thank you Shoto" Yaoyorozu spoke, a small smile forming on her face as she looked to Todoroki. "I really needed to hear that" she spoke as she stood up, helping the boy up to. "I'm sorry about the way I've been acting lately. I guess to many things are going through my head lately" Yaoyorozu spoke.

"It's okay, I totally understand" Todoroki spoke. Yaoyorozu gave a small smiled as she hugged Todoroki. He hugged back, nuzzling into her shoulder, enjoying the embrace. "Now get going. You don't want to keep everyone waiting, do you?" Yaoyorozu asked Todoroki, chuckling a little at the end.

Todoroki nodded. "Yeah. I should get going now. While I am gone, can you promise me something?" Todoroki spoke to her, which she nodded.

"Promise that you'll protect the people around here if the worse happens?" Todoroki requested of her. She gave a determined look and nodded.
"You can count on me".

Todoroki smiled one last time as he walked down the hallway.

As Yaoyorozu watched him walk away, she shook her head. She might as well watch him leave. She quickly ran forward to catch up to him, even if the burning pain in her stomach protested against her actions. 

Todoroki heard footsteps from behind and turned his head, seeing Yaoyorozu. Before he could speak, she spoke. "Might as well see you leave, right?" Yaoyorozu spoke saddly, but kept a small smile on her face for him.

Todoroki let out a sigh, as he returned the smile and wrapped his arm around Yaoyorozu's shoulder, pulling her in a little closer to his side. "That would be nice" he replied to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oof I haven't updated in nearly a month!
Sorry about that, I guess it's mostly school and irl stuff going on, preventing me from having the motivation to write new chapters. But idk. I'm going to finish this story! I was going to add more to this chapter, but I couldn't do it. Next chapter it going to be really short, but the chapter after that will be 3000 words long, so wait for that >:3