Prologue.

Snow Carr

         I tossed and turned under the bright light, I shook my head for the umpteenth time and pinched myself. It had to be a dream, Amanda wouldn't direct people to my room right?, Amanda swore and promised to never use me for business. I convinced myself that it was all a mistake, probably the guy just lied.

        I felt at ease at the conclusion I had drawn and I could feel myself getting less tense. I had met Amanda at the time I needed her the most, I was hungry, homeless and sick and she had taken me into her brothel, not to be a prostitute but to help her clean and help with some things while she gave me shelter and food in return, she was too kind and too loving to go against the promise she made to me, she would never allow those filthy and unfaithful men to touch me.

          I decided to let the thoughts of the man who had come knocking at my door and saying he was directed to my place for some stupid action, slip from my mind and get some sleep when I heard a knock, my nerve picked up and I couldn't help the fear that rose in my heart, I hoped it wasn't another man as I walked over to the door.

         I sighed in relief when I realized Amanda was the one at the door, I stepped aside so she could come in. 

         "Oh thank God Amy. Can you believe what happened some minutes ago?, a guy came knocking at my door and asking to see me, it's such a surprise that he even knew my room, those guys must have had too much too drink, what stupid hallucinations" I said as I took my seat and when I looked at Amada's expression, I felt unnerved.

       "He wasn't drunk Snow. I sent him up" She said icily and my eyes popped out of their sockets. Did I hear her well?.

       "Amanda, I'm afraid I am in dire need of an ear doctor because I seem to be mishearing you. What did you say?" I asked chuckling slightly but she greeted me with an icy glare

       "I sent him up Snow. I am tired of having to do things for you when you will do nothing in return, am I to be blamed that you are an orphan?, is it any of my fault that you're homeless and poor, I helped you Snow, I helped you without taking anything from you and now is the time to pay me back. Men  keep rushing in here and asking of you, it's not my fault you happen to look like a goddess, I tried to keep to my part of the bargain but come on Snow, do you realize how much money you would make?, people want you, guys want you, girls are jealous of you, they would die to have you, it's good for the business." She said and I sat on my chair, frozen with shock. I definitely do not need an ear doctor, but I might be needing a lawyer soon just in case I get charged for murder.

        "I gave nothing in return?, Amanda?, I cook, clean, wash and take put the trash more times than those you hired to do the jobs, I work myself tirelessly and sleep with aching bodies just to justify myself and know that I'm not living off you like a leech and you stand here to tell me to my face that I did nothing?, are you kidding me right now?" I asked trying to keep my temper in check but she was really messing with the crazy part of me and when she breaks out, she can't be  tamed. 

       "Oh please, I gave you a beautiful room with all the things you could ever need, there's cable, a twin bed, chairs and a shower, I give you three square meals and I even got you clothes, you haven't done half of anything. Snow, as long as you live under my roof, you will bend to my rules, just so you know darling, I have collected money from about 5 guys for you and they will be coming in here one after the other, I need you to behave yourself. That's all I came to tell you" she said and before I could even think of a reply, she strutted out with her brown curls bouncing after her.

       I stood up and placed my palm on my forehead as I paced the room, I was really really getting close to the point where all I could see was red, Scarlett red, everything was turning red and the temperature of the room seemed to increase. I was boiling with fury.