03|

Ian Northridge.

       I walked into the hotel, I had an important meeting to attend to and Heaven knows I didn't want to be there, I had barely gotten any sleep last night thanks to the overnight meeting and then I had to wake up by 4:30 just to go through the documents which were bound to be due very soon before getting ready for this meeting. 

       "Coffee, your highness" my secretary, August, said handing me a Starbucks and as much as I appreciated the gesture, I wanted to throw it right against the wall. Coffee?, really?, if I keep going at this rate, I'm legit going to be peeing coffee and not urine.

      "Thanks August" I said collecting the coffee from me, I took a sip and decided to throw out all forms of poshness, I was way too hungry and tired for that so I downed the whole coffee within a minute.

      "Wow, that's quite fast. Are you hungry?" August asked and I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes as we walked into the elevator.

      "Hungry?, oh not at all dear August. The worms inside of me are just eating at all of my intestines because they have absolutely nothing to eat and I'm trying to drown them in coffee. Of course I'm hungry." I said and he chuckled.

      "I'm so sorry your highness, as much as I wish to make you happy right now and tell you that you'll get to eat immediately after this meeting, I'm afraid I won't be able to do that, you have another meeting scheduled immediately after this, you just have to make do with whatever snacks the hotel provides" he said and I wanted to cry.

     "Oh no!, I am tired of eating snacks, I'm seriously going to get fat one day and it's going to be all on you Aug" I said and he grinned. As we came out of the elevator my phone beeped signalling a message. Who would be texting me by 6:30am in the morning?, immediately I brought out my phone and saw who the text was from I had to fight the temptation to either delete the message without reading or just read it for the sake of the love I have for her.

Sweetness💕; Hey love. A beautiful morning to you. I know you are up cause your secretary told me you have a meeting early this morning. Thanks for not deleting my message without reading, I know you love me. Come home this morning, by 9am. I want to see your cute chubby face and you need a good meal. You have to cut down on all the junks, it's definitely not good for you, if you get too fat no girl would  marry you and we need to marry you off ASAP and you better reply this!.

       I groaned when I read the text and I sighed deeply, there was only one thing mum would want to see me for and that would be about our impending conversation, who requests for the attention of a busy 24 year old hungry man at 9am in the morning just to persuade him to get married?, apparently June Apricot Northridge does.

         "Your Highness" the people we had the meeting with said and bowed the moment we entered the conference hall, I took my seat at the top table and decided to reply my mum before she brings down the walls of Jericho on my head.

Me; Good morning to you too Mother. Are you stalking me?, why would you be asking about my schedule from my secretary, I'm 24 mum, not 4. I'll be coming home alright but that's just because of the food you talked about. Please do not reply this message cause that means I would have to reply you and that would be so weird cause it's unheard of to be chatting with your mother. Stay safe woman.

       "Good morning Ladies and gentlemen, I'm so sorry I had to attend to something life threatening. Let's get started shall we?" I said and everyone chuckled slightly. I heard the beep of my phone and I exhaled as I shook my head, I begged her not to reply, that woman never listens. I put my phone on DND mode and dived into the boring world of crazy numbers and speculations.