21|

Snow Carr Northridge

       "Oh my Gosh!. I'm going to be an aunt to two babiessss" Leanne screeched and a huge smile was plastered on her face. Every single person was over the moon when I broke the news of my pregnancy except the father of the child.

      I went through a serious phase of alternating emotions till I arrived at anger. Overwhelming and mind torturing anger, anger that shook me, shook my heart, shook my tear glands. 

      "I'm sure Ian would be treating you like an egg, just tell him not to spoil you" Savannah said and I gave a fake smile. Egg, as if!.

     "This is the best news I've heard since Royalty's. I have an idea, a vacation has been long overdue. Why don't we use this opportunity to go on a vacation since Savvy here managed to squeeze out of school for a while" Mum, (the Queen insisted I call her mum and the King, Dad), said and everyone clapped.

     "It's going to take a lot of energy to convince Ian. Take a lot of ibuprofen along cause you're surely going to develop a migraine" Leanne said and everyone chuckled.

      "I know baby, which is why I won't be the one convincing him. Snow will be the one to do that, boys tend to do anything for their woman when she's pregnant" mum said and I froze. If only she knew he was just counting down to the days I'll pop out the baby and get the hell out of his life. If only she knew.

     "Uh..I..I can't. You're his mum and he'd do anything for you. You're in the best position to do that" I said and she shook her head gently.

      "He won't listen to me but he will listen to you. I know he will" She said and I wanted so badly to call her aside and tell her that her son and I haven't spoken a word to each other till I broke the news of pregnancy to him. He might even hit me if I dared to tell him to take time off work for my sake.

      "I'll try my best but I'm not making any promises" I decided to say. He would hate me even more if I tell his mum our personal business and she starts getting too involved in our issues.

      As the driver drove me home after work, I couldn't stop thinking, I couldn't stop going over what happened. We were good that morning, things were perfect between us, it almost felt like he felt something for me,something similar to what I felt for him, what I still so strongly feel for him.

     "Ma'am, we're here" the driver said and I thanked him and got out. A dizzy spell hit me on the way and I almost fell. The doctor had told me to watch the way I overthink things cause it could lead to my blood pressure rising beyond the normal but Ian wasn't helping matters. I couldn't pretend that the hate and anger in his eyes when he looks at me wasn't there. I couldn't pretend that I miss him more than anything, even if it's just the useless banter we have with each other. I couldn't pretend the hole in my heart didn't exist and that I need him badly, both physically and emotionally.

     I walked to my room and dropped on my bed and let the tears fall from my eyes. I wasn't even bothered about my leaky eyes anymore, my hormones were driving me crazy. I kept thinking about Ian till I fell into a disturbing sleep.

     "Ma'am" I heard someone calling and shaking me gently me, I opened my eyes to see Allison, one of the maids, looking at me worriedly.

      "Oh thank God. Ma'am, you've been asleep for over 6 hours now, we were waiting for you to come down, even Prince Ian came up to check you and I think he's worried about you" she said and I couldn't help the chuckle that escaped me. Worried about me?, hah

      "I'm so sorry I worried you guys. I'll come down soon" I said and she bowed slightly and left. I got up, took a shower and dressed in a loose cotton pants and a cardigan cause I was feeling slightly chilly.