13|

Ian Northridge.

         I stepped foot on home soil and the fact that I was late was an understatement, I didn't know I would finish up work so late. I had a change of clothes on the plane so I just entered the car and ordered the driver to drive at his fastest to the Crowns Hotel where the dinner was holding.

        I was not exactly very happy about coming back, I enjoyed the closure, I enjoyed not coming face to face with Snow because I still didn't know how to deal with the issue but I sure as hell knew things couldn't continue the way they were, One of us was bound to get burnt or perhaps the both of us even and I didn't exactly want to burn.

        We arrived at the dinner and I was relieved to realize that people were still outside talking to the paparazzis and snapping pictures. Some people crave for the attention that comes with the spot light, I just can't figure some people out sometimes.

        "Guess you're still on time boss" Lee, my driver said and I smiled a bit. All thanks to him and I told him that. I don't know how the dude manages to drive that fast. My mum never wants him to drive her, she fears she would have a heart attack or get thrown out of the car. June Northridge can be very very paranoid sometimes.

         I got down from the car and I ignored all paparazzis, I was about to enter when the sound of a death bike filled the atmosphere and my stomach turned. People who drive these things are just signing their death warrants without knowing. On impulse I turned and I was left stunned when the lady on the bike removed her helmet. A bitter taste rose in my mouth and it was like all the air rushed out of my lungs. Is Snow kidding me?.

        The paps turned the camera towards her, flashing her and she winked. Winked?, she's just insufferable. She came down from the bike and removed the leather jacket, this girl had absolutely no sense. She was dressed in a beautiful baby blue floor length mermaid gown, yet she wore sneakers and a bikers jacket?. What have I gotten myself into?.

        What she had on wasn't the reason why my fist was clenched and my heart was hammering crazily against my ribcage. It was because she had the audacity to get a power bike even after stating clearly that she should get a car.

         "Hello" I heard her say and I blinked when I realized she was standing directly beside me and the camera was on us. I was so blinded by my anger I didn't notice her advancing towards me. I didn't want to unleash my anger in front of everyone so I just faked a smile and kissed her on the forehead. I hated the way that action made me feel, I felt so freaking protective of her, she was so small, so damn small and she didn't even need any external force to hit her before she gets knocked off that bike. All it would take to do the job was just a bad weather.

         "Let's go in" I said coldly and I held out my arm, she looked at me for a second then linked her arm with mine and we walked out of the view of the press.

         We were supposed to enter the hall but instead I took her to the reception.

        "Your Highness, ma'am" the receptionist said as we reached the huge big desk which was made with probably the finest of trees on earth. Crowns liked to be the best.

        "I would like to book a room" I said and Snow glanced up at me, the lady's expression was also one portraying shock and then a small smile made its way up her face. Oh, how wrong are your thoughts lady.

        "The suites are all booked, we only have regular rooms your highness" She said and I shrugged. I don't mind, I would even make do with a cardboard so long as I get to lock the door and lash heavily at this airhead of a woman.