26|

Snow Carr Northridge

    I had absolutely no idea this was what Carrie meant when she said the guy would make my husband jealous.

    Damn,  the guy made me jealous of Carrie cause she had this kinda guy as her best friend.  He was way too easy on the eyes. Not as good looking as Seven, obviously but dammmn, he comes extremely close.

    "Need a tissue?" he asked and I blinked myself back to reality.

     "huh?" I said in state of utter confusion,  what am I supposed to need a tissue for?

     "just in case your drool starts getting very obvious, you might need a tissue to wipe it off.  No offence really,  just trying to be polite" he said and I blushed crimson. What an ugly personality.

     "Gosh!. Damien, I begged you to be nice" Carrie said pinching him and giving him the stink eye.

     "Come on Babe,  you need to live a little... And besides,  madam Snow here didn't take any offence, or did you?" He asked and I didn't even know what to say.  This is never ever going to work out cause I'm obviously going to have to make Ian jealous by pretending to be really into this guy but.....with this guy?, pretence seems like a whole lot of work to me.

     "No offence Mr Highlands. How are you?" I asked in my most polite voice and he gave me a side smirk.  This guy is way too easy on the eyes for my good,  for my ovaries' good,  for the female race's good.  How does Carrie cope with this level of blinding hotness????.  Just howwwwww?. First she has the almost perfect Ian as her best friend,  now it's this Greek god like Damien Highlands?. Well, opposites don't attract in this case cause she's definitely picking people who run in the same circle as her.

     "I'm good.  I understand that I'm supposed to be interested in you, right?" he asked with a thinking face and without waiting for my reply,  he continued.

     "well,  personally,  I don't see how that's gonna work if you call me Mr Highlands. Call me Damien" he said and I cleared my throat and glanced at Carrie who was giving him the 'God help me but I wanna put a bullet through your head' look.

    "Okay Damien.  You can call me Snow too. So,  how's the plan looking like?" I asked, trying to get this over with so I can go back to work before lunch break runs out.

      "I made the plans according to the break down of Ian's schedule that you provided me with.  Since he's going to be home around 7pm every night except on Thursday night... Well,  Damien will call you around 7:30 every night and then you guys can talk for like an hour, ensure you laugh a lot and go to bed with a big smile on your face.  On Friday, Ian gets home earlier than usual, so Damien will come pick you up by 6, just before Ian gets home,  you'll come hang out with us and then we'll drop you off by 9pm. Ian's going to be home by then and wondering where you went to.  Damien will be the one to drop you off at the door." She said and my brain kept doing hiccups. 

   "This is never going to work. I'm so sorry you had to go through this Carrie but it isn't going to.  I can't, I can't force him to feel what he doesn't feel for me" I said and Carrie shook her head with a small smile.

     "you can never force someone to love you Snow.  Never,  no matter how many Greek gods you bring to earth to make them bow at your feet for just an handshake, if Ian doesn't love you,  he's gonna look the other way.  This is to make Ian admit his feelings for you. This is like a push for Ian.  Something to make him realize that you mean more to him than he ever imagined and he doesn't want any man to have you,  this is us trying to help Ian out of a miserable life so he can love again" She said and I sighed. 

     "What if I can't pull this off... What if I make a mistake?, what if I just unconsciously confess?" I panicked and she laughed.

     "I'm choosing to trust your intelligence and level of wisdom on that one.  Don't disappoint me" she said and I laughed. Damn, she's good.

      "Dont worry,  I think it will be fun. All I have to worry about now is you falling in love with me" Damien said and I laughed and rolled my eyes.

     "I think that should be directed at you, I can be quite irrestible" I said, turning on my playful side and he smirked.

     "Then we have no problem at all then, you are not my type.  I'm more into women with long dark hair who have the most captivating eyes in the universe" He said and winked at Carrie who just rolled her eyes.

    "don't mind him. He's an hopeless flirt but he'll try to keep his dirty behaviour to himself while he's trying to woo you" Carrie said and I laughed while Damien sulked.

      "Come on Baby,  you bring out the child in me." He said and I love love love love love love the way he looked at her.  It made me blush for Carrie.  She would be totally blind to not see how bad Damien's got it for her.

      "What's Cammy going to say about this behavior of yours. She might as well think she was justified in breaking up with you" Carrie said and Damien's eyes filled with laughter and something deeper, something hotter, something heavier.

      "Cammy is always going to feel second best whenever you're around, she's always going to feel inferior to you cause babe,  you're better than her in more ways than one... And I care about you way more than I did about her" he said and I had to clear my throat.

      "I gotta go.  Lunch break's ending in a few. It was nice catching up. I'll be expecting your call later Damien" I said and I departed after saying my goodbyes.

   Carrie ended up getting lucky even after having unrequited feelings for Ian. Maybe one day,  I'll get out of this deal and find someone who would look at me the way Damien looks at Carrie.

________

✔✔

This is an extremely short chapter but I had to release something cause it's been so long.
I've been sick
That's why you've not seen me around.
I'm still not better but I'm on my way there.
I. Love you guys.
I'll add more to this chapter when I feel up to doing it.
Till then.

I love you guys so much ❤❤❤❤