29|

Ian Northridge
      I wasn't mad. I couldn't even get mad,  I felt busted.  I felt exposed and naked. When I saw her kneeling there with that journal in her hand, I felt like she had seen all of me, and like a coward,  I bolted.

    My trip to the grave wasn't beautiful, it wasn't perfect, it wasn't like I expected.  It only showed to me that I had lost my heart to a woman. A woman who had chosen another man over me.

    I got into the car and just pressed on the pedal,  I drove as fast as I could, with the windows down,  I let the breeze blow.  I let myself forget the madness, I stopped in the middle of nowhere and got out.

   I stood overlooking the beautiful scenery, the way the mountains spread and how the grasses covered them like a blanket, it was amazing,  the view was mersmerizing but I couldn't enjoy it. I couldn't even bring myself to enjoy it,  I was too disoriented. I felt lost,  I had no idea what to do,  do I beg Snow to take me back?, do I promise I'll be a better man?,  do I swear my whole life to her and love her like a real man would or do I let her go?, do I allow her be with a man who isn't as broken,  who isn't as lost,  who isn't as insecure?. The best option was clear, it was staring at me in the face but I didn't want to accept it.  I never knew the day would come where I'd be too much of a chicken to let Snow Carr go.

  I allowed myself about half an hour to muse on my failed and broken love life then I got back into the car.  I wanted to check the time when I saw 15 missed calls on my phone. 4 of them were from home, 3 were from Royalty, the remaining 10 were from my mum.

   On impulse, I dialed Snow's number first and she didn't pick up.  A feeling of unease started to wash over me, I called again yet no reply. I dialed Royalty and she picked up on the first ring.

   "Where have you been?! " she yelled,  her voice sounded tear soaked and my heart started to race.

    "I went to get some air, my phone was on silent.  What's going on Royalty?" I asked and she started to cry again.

    "Damn it sis. Talk to me,  what's wrong with Snow?. It's Snow isn't it?" I asked with shaky heart. Lord what is this?, I promised to let her go already,  you don't have to take her away now.

     "Come to the hospital Ian. We're at Ethan's. I don't know what happened between y'all and I don't even know if I'm supposed to say this in case I might scare you right now but... She's in bad shape Ian and I am scared." She said and I felt life leave me. I felt myself go limp and it's safe say,  I died inside.

------------
------------
    Snow Carr Northridge

    My head was killing me and so was every limb attached to my body. I opened my eyes slowly and squinted cause of the very bright light. Hospital!

    The memories came flooding back,  the journal,  Ian walking away and.... Oh my God,  my baby.  My hand moved instinctively to my belly and..... I screamed bloody murder!

     "Noooooooooooo!" I yelled. No,  no, no,  this can't  be happening. The door opened and lots of people rushed in,  the Royal family and lots of doctors. Ian was with them and rage filled me.

    "What's going on?.  Why does my belly feel flat?, why does it feel empty?,  where's my baby?. Where's she?,  talk to me!. Someone say something for the love of God,  what happened to my child?!" I yelled and Royalty burst into tears and her hands instinctively rose to her pregnant belly and tears stung my eyes.

    "I'm so sorry Snow but you lost the baby" Dr Ethan said and my mouth dried up. I knew it alright, but hearing a doctor validate my fears sucked the life out of me.