Chapter 25

Dear Diary,

My birthday is next week, I'll finally be 18. Ruby has been staying at my house for a few weeks now and we've mostly been staying out of each other's way. After we had sex on the kitchen counter things weren't as awkward as I had anticipated, but she told me it was never to happen again. I acted like I didn't care, like that's what I wanted as well, but it hurt. I still want her so badly. Every time I see her I want to grab her and pin her down, trace my tongue along her neck and kiss every inch of her body.

We have managed to act like nothing has happened between us at school, still keeping up our usual banter...but things are far from normal, for me anyway.

I have never been so desperate for anyone before, I need her more than I've been. Every time I've been with a girl I've never had a second thought, always leaving and never wanting to see them again. Ruby is different, god she is so different.

It's gotten to the point now where I don't just want to fuck her. I want to kiss her, to hug her, to lie in bed with her and spend as much time with her as I possibly can. And that scares me, a lot. I've never felt like this before. Do I have feelings for her now? I'm so confused. Fuck.

Dad called me yesterday, he told me my surprise will be arriving the morning of my birthday. He won't tell me what it is though, but he seemed excited for me to get it. He also told me that he has proposed to his girlfriend. She's a bit skanky looking but he seems happy, so I'm happy for him. I only got to meet her once when I stayed with him over the summer. She seems okay, a bit immature and ditsy, but nice enough.

Mum still isn't home. She hasn't called since that day I tried to have sex with Ruby and she turned me down. She occasionally transfers a few thousand dollars into my bank account, so I guess that's all I can ask for. I don't think she loves me, I think that love disappeared along with my dad. I remember when we used to be so happy, the three of us, when my parents were together and in love. They worked together in the hospital and got to spend every day with each other. I miss those times. I miss being happy. Now I'm only really happy when Ruby and I spend time together, laughing and talking. I think I'm going to slowly start flirting with her and hopefully we'll hook up again...

Aimee hasn't stopped talking about my party either. She has hired a DJ and everything. I told her not to but she said it would make the party even better, and that one of her primary school friends would do it for free.

Anyway, I have to go now. Soccer training was intense and I'm sweaty as fuck, gotta have a shower.

Ciao.

I stood up from my chair and walked into the bathroom. I stripped down to nothing and hopped in, washing my hair and shaving my legs. Once I finished I turned off the shower and reached outside for my towel, feeling nothing but the cold tiled wall.

"Fuck!" I whispered, remembering that I hadn't brought my towel in with me.

"Ruby?" I called out loudly.

"Yeah?" she called back.

"Can you bring me a towel?" I called back.

I heard her running up the stairs and making her way to the linen closet. Taking the opportunity to start my 'flirting', I stepped out of the shower and stood at the door of the bathroom fully naked, waiting for Ruby to appear.

"Hear you g - oh!" she stumbled on her feet as saw me standing there shamelessly, water dripping down my sun kissed skin.

"Have you missed this?" I asked cheekily, walking forward and taking the towel from her.

"No..." she said slowly, and I chuckled quietly.

"Now I know you're lying," I said, wrapping the towel around my body.

"You enjoy this, don't you?" she said.

"Enjoy what, exactly?" I smirked.

"Teasing me, turning me on..." she said, and I nodded.

"Of course I do, I love seeing how flustered you get," I smiled.

Ruby rolled her eyes at me before walking out of the room. I could see that I had affected her, her cheeks slightly red. I smirked to myself as I dried off, putting on my robe and walking downstairs.

"Hey, India?" Ruby asked me as I walked into the kitchen.

"Hey, yeah?" I replied.

"Is it okay if my friend comes over for dinner?" she asked softly.

"Yeah, of course. Do I, like...have to hide? Does she know I'm your student?" I asked.

"No, you don't have to hide. She knows you're my student," she laughed.

"Does she know that you'll be preparing food for her on the same bench we fucked on?" I smirked.

"No, she does not know that!" Ruby scolded, but she couldn't hide her smile.

"Is she single?" I asked with a sly smile.

"No, she's not," she said.

"You weren't either when I first got to you," I said cheekily.

"Well, she's happily taken, and straight!" Ruby said.

"Well, wouldn't be the first time I've fucked a straight girl..." I wiggled my eyebrows.

"You are not fucking my best friend!" Ruby snapped, and put my hands up defensively.

"Geez, calm down, I was joking!" I said.

"Well, I wouldn't put it past you..." she said.

"Wow, you really think I'm that much of a whore?" I gasped, clutching my heart.

"No, that's not what I meant!" she said frantically.

"It's fine, I'm kidding," I chuckled. "I like to use the term 'healthy appetite for sex' rather than 'whore'."

"That's a very tame way to put it," Ruby laughed.

Before we could continue our conversation there was a knock at the door. Ruby got off the lounge and walked to the door, opening it and greeting the person behind it.

"Hey Kelsey!" she said, leaning forward and hugging the woman at the door.

"Hey Rubes, this house is fucking incredible! Is lover girl rich?" the girl, Kelsey, said. I could hear the smile on her voice and it made me chuckle.

"Lover girl, huh?" I teased, walking over to the door and leaning against the frame with a smirk.

"Fuck, I didn't know you were going to be here..." she said awkwardly.

I looked up at Ruby and raised my eyebrows, but she refused to look my way. Her face was red from embarrassment and she was staring daggers at Kelsey.

"Well, it is my house after all..." I said slowly, and she nodded awkwardly. "Come in, come in. I'll leave you ladies to it."

I walked away from the doorway and upstairs, making sure to leave my bedroom door slightly open so I could hear exactly what they were talking about.