chapter five

your consciousness started to return, your eyes still shut but you could hear the soft murmurs of people around you. you couldn't make them out but one of them was yoongis. he sounded worried. scared. you tried to move, tried reaching out for him, "yeah but what's wrong with her-"

"y/n!" he reached down and was now holding your hand, gently stroking the side of your cheek, your eyes opened to reveal yoongis face right by yours, before you could even speak he stood to place a kiss on your forehead, he must be so confused. it's not everyday you just faint randomly, probably thought he fucked you too hard.

"i was so worried, the doctors won't tell me anything yet, because i'm not family" you smiled taking your hand from his to hold the side of his face, "thank you for being here" he smiled bringing your hand to his lips, firmily kissing your knuckles, "baby i'm okay please don't worry",

"what's wrong with you" he wouldn't let it go, you didn't know how to tell your boyfriend you were so riddled with guilt that you fainted. "it's just exhaustion, i promise i'm fine" he still didn't look convinced but he nodded anyway, he stood up hugging you tightly. you watched over yoongis shoulder, looking through your rooms window, all the doctors passing by, but one took your eye. oh fuck. jae.

you forgot he worked at the hospital now. he couldn't see you with yoongi. couldn't risk yoongi seeing jae. what do i do, shit. you thought to yourself, frantically trying to figure out an idea. "uh- yoongi baby, i'm ready to leave, can we go?" he sat up, "the doctors want to talk to you before you leave" you nodded and he got up walking out your room to go fetch one. you sat up, pulling out the multiple cords feeding you with useless medication.

then, the door opened and the doctor came in. fuck. fuck out of all the doctors why did yoongi get him. omg. jae and yoongi were stood in front of you. you didn't know how to react. they were both stood there. so close together. both unknowing of eachother. quickly before jae could say anything, react in anway towards you, you had to get yoongi out the room. "yoongi could you go get me a drink quickly please" he was startled you'd practically almost shouted at him, but without a word he left the room.

"y/n omg what are you doing in here, who was he?" jaes face was less worried more confused about yoongi. "he's just my friend" jae's face still unmoving from his confused state, "i've never seen him before, why have you never told me about him?" yes, why haven't you told him y/n you said to yourself, "i just recently met him" you tried brushing him off but you knew he'd kept prying, "does he know about-"

"no he doesn't know" he looked pissed, it was your choice wether to tell him or not, "fine, you shouldn't be wasting your time with him when you should be with me, you hardly know him, we've been together for years"

"jae please leave" he laughed, you knew he was hurt, he didn't know what yoongi meant to you though, you felt terrible but if he knew you were spending all your time with him and not as friends he'd be even more upset. it was hurting you knowing that jae knew why you were gone so many nights and who you were spending them with.

he left at once, not looking behind him. you were trying not to cry incase yoongi came back, but it was inescapable. you knew one of them was bound to get hurt. yet one just did.

yoongi's pov

i was standing across from y/n's room, i could see her talking to a doctor, he looked her age, they were talking, but i couldn't make out the conversation, the guy looked.. mad? but i couldn't tell if he was or not, the blinds of the window to her room made it hard to see, all of a sudden i saw him leaving fast, i was about to start walking back when y/n started to cry. who was he, why was she crying. what did he say to her.

i made my way to her room, enetering cautiously, "y/n baby, what's wrong? what did he just say to you" she looked up at me, wiping her eyes, as if i wasn't meant to see her crying, "nothing, i'm fine i'm just tired and i want to go home" i knew she was lying. yet i ignored it for her sake and started to help her get ready. when we got home, i'd ask her again. there was something wrong with that situation. i needed to know why.