chapter fourteen

[a week after the break up, present day]

yoongi's pov

i was sat in her house. it was empty. it had been empty ever since she left. the words she said to me still vivid in my numb thoughts. the pain of her absence consuming my body. i stayed at her place, hoping that she'd come back. hoping that i could speak to her, convince her to take me back. i'd beg at her feet, my life was truly nothing without her anymore. my career feeling pointless. she gave me a purpose that had never been fulfilled, until i met her.

where had it all gone wrong. what had i done. i've been thinking this every moment of each day that's passed. i was about fall into another sleepless doze when i heard a knocking at the door. for the first time i felt an urgency, i could feel my body, my hands pushing me off the bed, nearly running to the door, praying to god she was standing behind it.

i swung the door open, nearly pulling it off its hinges. the feeling of hope rushing out of my body as i was met with a male face. i wanted to kill him. whoever he was i wanted him gone. the sadness feeling ten times stronger than it was before i opened the door.

"what do you want?"

"are you yoongi?" i nodded, who was he, why did he know my name. i'd never seen him before... or wait he seemed familiar the more i thought about it.

"i'm jae, y/n's friend" the mention of her name and my interest in this conversation came flooding back,

"y/n! is she okay, has she spoken to you, omg could you please tell her i need to speak to her please-"

"wait, yoongi, what did y/n tell you?" i was confused, he must know she had broken up with me, i was ignoring the fact i didn't even know this guy existed, i just wanted to speak to her.

"yoongi i didn't know about you, i'm guessing you didn't know about me either, y/n left me this letter, she told me to give it to you" wait what the fuck, a letter? no she can talk to me in person i'm not excepting no letter.

"no tell her i want to speak to her in person, please i just need to talk to her, would you tell her that it's important" he was still staring at me in total confusion.

"yoongi she really didn't tell you?" omg this dude was annoying me so bad. i wasn't asking for something complicated. "tell me what, for fuck sake?!" his eyes were wide, he handed me the letter.

"y/n's dead"