chapter ten

[a month and three weeks before the break up]

you and yoongi had been dating for a week now. it was odd because, it felt like a month, a year even, time with him felt expanded, filled with so much happiness that you couldn't believe it was all crammed into seven days. you couldn't possibly imagine that seven days ago you had no idea of his existence. that your life before him went on, that you went about your day without his kisses in the morning or his voice telling you all the things he adored about you. you smile whenever you think about the time you met. it was still so vivid in your mind. yet already you had so many more memories with him. you couldn't begin to think of what the possibilities of a future would be like with yoongi.

"hey what're you thinking about?" yoongi's soft voice arose, you were both in his studio, you were listening to some of his new works. they were all beautiful no doubt they never were. the way he passionately poured his heart into each and every one amazed you. "you're so talented yunno" his smile was unavoidable. his cheeks turning a tint red. you'd caught him off guard but you didn't care if you were forward. it was the truth. "i lov-" he started, but then coughed as if he'd choked on his tongue. that was weird, you thought, you had an idea of where that sentence was going, it was so early on though. was he really going to say that?

"anyway what's this song?" you pointed at a track called 'worth it' he chuckled, touching his ear, he was nervous. why. he hadn't been for all the others. so why now. what was it? "let me hear" he looked at you, he'd do anything for you so if it meant showing you this, he would.

"okay but i have to tell you that it's um, actually for you"

you could have sworn your jaw was on the ground, but you kept your composure, your insides were melting you couldn't believe he'd wrote you a song. was there anything he couldn't do to make you happier. you were so nervous to hear this. still not believing that he had done this, spent the time to write you something so personal in one of his songs. he clicked the play button, and soon the speakers played a low melody that was soft and slow.

worth it

memories surface
i know it's worth it
this time it's meant to be

my heart and your heart
before they were apart
my life was empty

you came in my life
stealing the spotlight
now you are all i see

you told me your name
the feeling was so strange
this was meant to be

my heart told me you were worth it
you truly deserved it
and now i'm in love with thee

'in love' the sound of his voice on the speakers singing those words so softly. did he just admit on a song that he.. loved you? you were lost in emotions, the feelings overwhelming you. you didn't know what to say. except you did.

"i love you"

and there it was. the first 'ily' it was the easiest thing you've said in your life. you couldn't think of a better person to be saying it to. yoongi stood cupping your checks kissing you gently. you smiled into it, knowing this is the happiest you've ever been, you don't think anything could top this moment, nothing could take away the love you had for him. you knew it would only get stronger. that scared you, but also filled you with joy.

"i love you y/n"