chapter six

[three weeks before the break up]

you were resting comfortably in bed. you were at jaes. yoongi was out of town with his parents. it was a perfect opportunity to spend some quality time with him. you were getting up when he came through sitting on the bed handing you a drink. "thankyou" you said as he kissed you on the forehead, taking a sip, "ew- jae this is disgusting" he laughed, "i knew you wouldn't like it, it's to make you healthy, it has herbs in it"

"i don't need to be healthy there is no point" he looked annoyed, "thank you anyway" you said quickly, his expression soon changing into a good one. "mia is coming round soon, i thought you'd be happy to see your friend while you are actually here and not off working all the time" you knew 'working' meant yoongi and it made you feel terrible. "i've missed her" he smiled as he walked out, you got ready.

soon mia arrived and you two had so much catching up to do. you all sat in the living room with a movie on in the background however you all spoke over it. you hadn't been together for so long.

"so please tell me you and jae aren't still fighting" you both sniggered, "no we're good now" jae smiled sat on the sofa opposite the both of you. "yeah y/n knows i'm right" you chucked a pillow at him that he dodged, "are not!" you shouted back, "ugh get a room you two"

you and jae turning your nose up at her comment. "ew please" mia stood up going to sit by jae, "yeah please me and y/n... ew" mia hooked one of her arms around his neck, he was now struggling while you laughed at the both of them,

"don't talk about your bestfriend that way, you'd be lucky to have her" he finally got out of her hold, his hands holding her wrists now, "yeah yeah she's great, i'm lucky that i have you though" he said leaning in towards mia,

"okay guys this is really gross, can you both actually get a room" you said getting up to go into the kitchen while your bestfriend and his girlfriend made out. you laughed to yourself as you heard them playfighting. this made you miss yoongi, you wish you were with him right now, the urge to be cuddling with him on a sofa like jae was with mia. you were actually so jealous of them.

"y/n come back we're done now!" you smiled walking back in with your hand across your eyes, but then taking it away sitting down, "so y/n what's going on in your life?" mia started a simple question yet, you couldn't answer honestly.

"i wouldn't expect her to say much she keeps her life quite private to me, didn't even know she had a new friend" mia's eyes turned back to you, "a friend? who?", sighing you wish it could be as simple as telling them yoongi was your boyfriend but you couldn't. if jae knew you had a boyfriend, if he was the reason you never speant any time with him he'd be a) sad you didn't tell him b) disappointed and judgey, because you knew he'd tell you everything you already knew. that you were lying to him. you already knew, you kept two lives separate. your life with yoongi, and your life with jae. but mostly because c) he wouldn't approve. you couldn't help falling in love with yoongi but you did. it was wrong to, you knew that, but you couldn't control how you felt about him.

"he's called yoongi, he's a really good friend of mine and before you ask, no we're not dating, you know i can't date anyone" they both looked at you sad, they both knew why you couldn't, jae especially. instead of having the happy vibe killed by this topic you hated. they both changed their expressions and moved on, talking about their trip they recently took.

you faked a smile. but you knew jae was right. you couldn't date yoongi. yet you did it anyway. why couldn't your life be simple like theirs. why couldn't you get out the mess that was your life.