chapter eleven

[the day you met]

you found yourself sat in a small cafe, the aesthetic of it all making you happy, your headphones in listening your music, laptop in front of you writing your thoughts. the day was cold and windy, you didn't want to stay at home so you thought you'd be that girl who sits in coffee shops reading or whatever.

the bell rang on the door as a guy walked in. face completely covered, mask and a bucket hat. you curiously making you wonder what he looked like. however you turned your attention back to your writing.

yoongi's pov

i entered the cafe that i had always come to. it was the only place that wasn't over crowded, hardly anyone ever came. it also had the best coffee. oddly today there was a new face, she was.. well beautiful. she was lost in her own world, oblivious to her surroundings, she was wearing these big headphones, i admired that, i couldn't get over how pretty she was. her eyes, she was quite unlike anyone i've ever seen. she was emmersed in something too.

"yoongi?" my thoughts snapped back to reality, the shop owner staring at me, no doubt caught me gawking at the girl. "your usual?" i nodded a little embarrassed but brushing it off. while i waited i couldn't resist finding out more. seeing if she was prettier on the inside than she was on the out, i pulled my hat of and my mask down, walking over nervously to her table. i was stood in front of the chair beside her, she noticed looking up at me. she took her headphones off letting them rest around her neck, not going to lie it was hot.

"oh um hi sorry i noticed your headphones and um i'm just realising now as i'm saying this that i don't know what i wanted to say but you're really pretty and this is really embarrassing" what the fuck are you doing. whatever happened to just saying HEY. she started laughing and bro her laugh was warm, her smile stretching across her face making my heart do things. ew. why was i so mushy for a girl i don't even know the name to.

"i'm yoongi" she smiled again, "hi yoongi, i'm y/n and thank you for making me laugh" i rolled my eyes she was already mocking me and we'd just met,       y/n... was there anything about her that wasn't pretty. "hey look in my defence i don't normally do this" she was looking at me curiously, "and what is this exactly?" damn why do i feel so on edge around her, what is this, "yoongi your coffee is ready" shit i forgot, i turned around collecting it and then walking back slowly to her table, she was still looking at me, "would you like to sit?" she gestured to the chair beside her. i gladly took the offer sitting down beside her.

"so what are you so fixated on" her eyebrows furrowed, "oh um i noticed when i came in that you were staring pretty hard at your screen" her face relaxed, "oh," she laughed, great did you wanna reveal anything else embarrassing.
"i'm writing something," wondering what this something was i asked her if she could share it with me, which she hastily excepted.

"it's uh a poem, it's um kinda depressing but ok,"

i listened ready to hear this. she wrote poetry too? she was beautiful, her laugh was captivating, if this was good i don't know what i'm going to do but ask for her to move in.

"a silent shout into the void that is my heart. except i'm screaming, new starts every second, each heart break leading to nothing but deepened cracks. i'm beginning to lose the floor beneath my feet. my toes only scraping the surface that slips away further and further. with every tear that falls, adding to this sea that i'm drowning in, suffocating on the closing sky above me. i'm drowning..."

there was this silence between us, but there was this understanding in the words she spoke, the words she wrote i connected too, i knew these were her personal feelings, the way each word fell from her lips like they were attached. "it's not finished and there's something missing but i think i have an ending" i nodded i wanted to know it.

"i've never done this but could i get your number?" the question hung in the air, i had to get to know her, there was something so different about her, something i couldn't work out. i was willing to try. she thought for a moment but soon nodded, pulling out a piece of paper writing it down. putting it into my phone. i thought i'd finally leave. i definitely wanted to see her again.

"right i should probably go but i'll definitely message you soon" she smiled again nodding. we said our goodbyes, yet it felt like the start of something bigger than the both of us.

your pov

you couldn't quite believe what had happened. did the most beautiful man you've ever seen just sit with you listening to your depressing poem and then proceed to ask for your number. the connection you felt to yoongi already. he was different. your poem was still sat in front of you and you finally wrote the ending.

feeling your phone vibrate in your lap, you looked down.

(unknown; 9:58AM)

so what was the ending?

you replied back.

(you; 9:59AM)

all of a sudden a tug at my floundering hand and i feel.... i'm being saved