Dressing With Desire

Day 3, Week 1

$$$

Mantis: Where are we now??

Peter: At Zara.

Mantis: What is a "Zara?" *utterly confused now*

Peter: It's just a place where we can buy new clothes.

Shopkeeper: Good morning! Would you like to try on some of our new styles? *asking Mantis* we have a 20% discount for this dress, or would you like a nice off-the-shoulder tube top?

Mantis: Uhh, I--

Peter: Yes! Actually, we decided to stop by and look for something for my new friend here *gestures to Mantis* to try on.

Shopkeeper: Excellent! What is your size and waistline?

Mantis: I do not know. What is a size??

Shopkeeper: *avoiding the question* Here, let me just get your measurements for you then! *wraps measuring tape around her*

Mantis: Peter, what is she doing to me? Am I being caged up??

Peter: It's alright, Mantis. She does this to every customer--

Mantis: I'm not a wild animal, Peter. I'll behave well, I promise *getting unnecessarily upset*

Peter: You're not being caged up! *trying to contain his annoyance*

Shopkeeper: *trying to change the subject* Alright! I think a size 5 will fit you best. Here, why don't you try on these for a start? *piles clothing in Mantis' arms* the changing rooms are in that direction and if you need any assistance at all, just call me over and I will help you as best I can.

Mantis: Ok! Thank you! *heads to the changing rooms*

Peter: Take your time, Mantis. I'll be waiting outside if you need me.

$$$

Peter: Mantis, are you done yet? *knocks on changing room door*

Mantis: I am coming out now *steps out of changing room* Do I look ok? *wearing crop top and skinny jeans*

Peter: *blushes deeply* you look ... pretty. Good. 

Mantis: *looks down at herself* This shirt is too small for me *utterly clueless*

Shopkeeper: You look so beautiful in that outfit! I recommend you buy it, even your friend seems to agree! *nodding at an awestruck Peter*

Mantis: What do you think, Peter?

Peter: You should get it, Mantis. I'll pay for you.

Mantis: But didn't you tell me earlier that you were poor??

Peter: That was before! Recently Mr. Stark lent me a million dollars so I could pay for anything that we want to buy.

Mantis: That's so nice of him! I bet you look up to him like a father.

Peter: Well, you could say that. I guess.

Shopkeeper: So do you still want to get it?

Mantis: yes, please!

Peter: *pays with borrowed credit card from Stark*

Shopkeeper: Thank you for coming to Zara! Have a nice day!

$$$