Carnival Catastrophe

Day 5, Week 2

$$$

Peter: *texting Ned on his phone*

Mantis: What are you doing?

Peter: Messaging Ned via Whatsapp. He says he'll have to take a raincheck on our next meeting, but he's suggesting that we go to this Amusement Park in Central.

Mantis: What do you even do in Amusement Parks??

Peter: Are you kidding?! It's a place where you can run free! Do whatever you want! Get to ride amazing attractions! You have to come with me to this one! You'll love it!

Mantis: Ok! If you think I'll like it there.

Peter: Great! Let me just call a taxi over so it can drop us off at Central Park.

Mantis: Are we not taking a bus there??

Peter: Oh-ho TRUST me, we tried it once and look how that turned out *dialling taxi number*

Mantis: Oh, ok.

$$$

*Taxi drops Peter and Mantis off*

Peter: Thank you *pays the driver via credit card*

Mantis: Now what do we do?

Peter: I already paid for the tickets online, so we should be able to check in now *hands the security officer their tickets*

Security Officer: *scans the tickets* Enjoy your day.

Mantis: Thank you! *waves vigorously at the officer*

Security Officer: *waves timidly back*

*Peter and Mantis enter the Park*

Peter: So where do you wanna go first?

Mantis: I know! Let's ride this *points to a scary rollercoaster*

Peter: Hmm, I don't know if that attraction's on your level. I mean, it's the scariest ride they have here.

Mantis: But it looks so fun! *pouts like a cute child*

Peter: Alright, I'll go on it with you.

Mantis: Yay! Thanks Peter! *hugs him tightly and sprints off ahead*

$$$

*After riding the attraction*

Mantis: Peter, are you ok??

Peter: I ... Don't feel so well *gulps*

Mantis: *feels his forehead* You feel nausea all over you. You feel like throwing up.

Peter: Yeah no kidding! *trying not to barf*

Mantis: Ok, let's get you to a quiet place *helps him to the Men's Bathroom and follows him in*

*Inside the Men's Bathroom*

Mantis: That's it. Let it all out *patting Peter's back as he throws up in the sink*

Peter: How do you even like that ride?! *continues puking*

Mantis: *shrugs* I don't know. I just do. But you knew that you wouldn't like the ride, so why did you come with me on it anyway??

Peter: I guess I just wanted to make sure that you were gonna be ok. And I didn't really think you could handle it on your own *smiles sheepishly at her*