Rampage

Day 1, Week 3

$$$

Mantis: Look at all the animals! *looking around at caged-up wildlife* What is that?? *points at elephant enclosure*

Peter: Those are called elephants.

Mantis: A-Laugh-Ants??

Peter: Elephants.

Mantis: ALPHANTS.

Peter: EL-E-PHANTS.

Mantis: OLIPHAUNTS!

Peter: *clears his throat and looks away awkwardly* anyways, you wanna feed them?? *holds a bag of elephant food out to her*

Mantis: Ok! *sprinkles a handful into her hand and offers it to approaching elephants*

*The elephants take the food from her hand as the youngest gently butts her arm*

Mantis: What is it doing??

Peter: I think it wants you to pet it.

Mantis: I don't know. Somehow, it feels wrong.

Peter: Nothing's going to happen, Mantis.

Mantis: Ok ... *pats the elephant's head and feels its anguish at being locked up* What have we done to you?! *shocked*

Peter: Did you say something?? *heard her sentence*

Mantis: Huh? N-no, I didn't say anything did you say something??

Peter: No ... Is there something wrong?? You look like you've just seen a ghost.

Mantis: Everything is fine, Peter. There is just something I have to do. I will be right back *runs to a nearby zookeeper*

Peter: I'll be here if you need me! *calls after her*

$$$

Peter: *wondering where Mantis is*

*She hasn't yet returned*

Peter: *hears screaming from afar and runs towards the sound*

*People are running away from the sound screaming as well*

Peter: *pushes past people and unexpectedly run into someone familiar* Ned?! What are you doing here??

Ned: *shrugs* I don't know ... That's actually a good question.

Peter: What's happening??

Ned: *grabs at him desperately* PETER, YOU HAVE TO HELP!!! YOUR GIRLFRIEND WENT ABSOLUTELY MAD AND LET LOOSE ALL OF THE WILDLIFE!!!!

Peter: She did WHAT?!?!

Ned: EXACTLY!!!

Peter: Where is she now?!

Ned: *points to a rioting herd of elephants*

Mantis: *now sitting on the back of the matriarch from the raging herd* WHEEEEEE!!!! HI PETER!!! *waves enthusiastically at him*

Ned: AAAAAHHHH!!!!

Peter: EVERYBODY GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!!

*Everyone quickly steps to the side to let the herd pass through*

Peter: *stares off after Mantis in delusion*

Ned: *stares with him* Well? What are you waiting for?! Go get your girl! *smiles smugly at his pun*

Peter: *glares back* I hate you *quickly runs to a quiet corner to change into his suit and leaps atop the matriarch beside Mantis*

Mantis: Hi Peter! Have you come to join alongside me??

Peter: Are you crazy?! You can't waltz into a zoo and let all the animals loose like you own the place!

Mantis: But the wildlife! I can feel their happiness at being free again!

Peter: THEY'RE ANIMALS, BUGSY!

Mantis: Animals have feelings, Peter—

Peter: Well SO DO HUMANS! *webs them into a tall tree and watches the chaos unfold* This is really bad, Mantis! Just, stay right here and don't go anywhere *hurries to save people*

$$$

Peter: *helps Mantis down from the tree, already changed back into his regular clothes*

Mantis: That was so cool!

Peter: Trust me, it really wasn't. Not after all of this *gestures around broken down zoo*

Mantis: I still think it was really fun and interesting!

Peter: Fun, not so much. But interesting definitely describes today! Ok let's go!

Policeman: I don't think so *aims a pistol at Peter's head* On your knees!

*A group of policemen and women surround Mantis and Peter. Each hold a loaded gun at them*

Policeman: Hands up where I can see 'em!

Peter: *slowly raises his hands up in surrender and drops to his knees*

Mantis: *follows suite*

Peter: *whispering loudly* Just do everything they say.

Mantis: *whispers back* Why??

Peter: Because they have guns! *still whispering*

Mantis: What do they do?? *stares at them, fascinated*

Policeman: Would you like to find out? *cocks gun at Mantis*

Peter: NO!

Mantis: Yes.

Policeman: *pulls the trigger*

*A gunshot fires*

Mantis: *stares at the bullet-hole in the tree behind her* Oh, that. Is what they do.

Policeman: The next one won't miss *holds gun in place as another policeman cuffs Peter and Mantis* Congratulations. You're now criminals.

$$$