Granny

Day 2, Week 1

$$$

Peter: *stops at a zebra crossing with Mantis*

Mantis: Wha-why are we stopping?? *glances at other people waiting at the zebra crossing*

Peter: Because we're at a zebra crossing. Right now the light's red *points to flashing red man on the other side of the crossing* Once it turns green, we can go over to the other side.

Mantis: But why on the Green Man? Why not on the Red Man??

Peter: Because while the Red Man's on, the Green Man for the cars is activated, so the cars can cross while we can't.

Mantis: That's so unfair! We should complain to the authorities right now!

Peter: But it's the safest way for people to travel on foot, so the cars won't ... splat.

Mantis: *no longer listening* That old lady looks so cute! *points to elderly standing not far away* Can I go and pet her??

Peter: I really don't think—

Mantis: EXCUSE ME, OLD LADY!!! *runs up to her*

Peter: *smacks himself on the forehead before running after her*

Elderly Lady: *looks up at Mantis in confusion* Hello—

Mantis: *pinches the old lady's cheek and gasps* Her face is so wrinkly! It reminds me of a raisin!

Elderly Lady: Well I never—

Mantis: *pokes her in numerous places* So squishy! *hugs her around the waist* Can we keep her, Peter??

Peter: Let's not bother the nice old lady—

Mantis: It is a pleasure to meet you! *forcefully shakes the elderly's hand* I'm Mantis—

Peter: And we were just leaving! *pulls her off the old lady and tries to walk away*

Elderly Lady: You ain't goin' nowhere yet, boy! *grabs him by the ear* Listen, I ain't never been so insulted by some youngen passin' by! So why don't you take your little gal and scram! *whacks him away with her walking stick*

Peter: Ahh! Yes Mrs. Brogden *watches her waddle away*

Mantis: BYE OLD LADY!!!

Elderly Lady: *shouts back to Peter* AND KEEP THE LITTLE GAL AWAY FROM ME!!! *grumbling* Kids. Ain't know how to respect the elderly these days *disappears into the crowd*

Mantis: *turns to Peter* Do you know her??

Peter: Yep. A neighbour of my aunt May's *rubbing the sore spot on his ear and his leg*

Mantis: She is so nice, wasn't she?? *smiling cheerfully*

Peter: Y-yeah! *smiles back nervously* Really nice.

$$$