Inner Beauty

Day 6, Week 1

$$$

Peter: *enters hotel with Mantis*

Reception Lady: Good evening! What would you like to be assisted of today?

Peter: We would like to rent two rooms for the night, please!

Reception Lady: Sure! Let me just check all of the available rooms for you *types on computer* Mhm. I'm sorry sir, but there's only one room left. Do you still want to check in?

Peter: *to Mantis* What do you think?

Mantis: ... I don't see why not!

Reception Lady: Wonderful! Here's your keycard *passes over room key* enjoy your stay sir.

Peter: C'mon, Mantis *starts walking away*

Mantis: *lingers behind and stares at reception lady*

Reception Lady: Uhh, can I help you with anything, miss??

Mantis: *cocks head* You're pretty.

Reception Lady: Uh, thank you, miss *looks away awkwardly*

Mantis: *pulls at the lady's braids*

Reception Lady: *explaining to Mantis* Decorations. You like them? *pulls away*

Mantis: *touches the lady's hand* You are lonely. You long to have someone to keep you company. You have felt this way for many years.

Reception Lady: *gasps* But, how did you--

Peter: Let's go, Mantis. We shouldn't bother her *takes Mantis by the hand and leads her away*

Reception Lady: *stares after them*

$$$

Peter: Do you wanna take the bed, or the couch?

Mantis: What is the difference??

Peter: The bed it is, then! *sets his stuff on the couch*

Mantis: Peter?

Peter: Yeah?

Mantis: ... do you think that lady behind the counter was happy to see us, because she felt abandoned??

Peter: Well ... I'm not really sure. I'm not an Empath like you, so I'm not certain I can answer your question. Do you think she was lonely?

Mantis: Well, when I touched her, I felt ... so much isolation inside of her. I am now wondering if she went through some sort of childhood trauma ... *goes quiet before cheering up* Maybe I could become a Count-Seller if I end up staying here!

Peter: There you go, Bugsy! Remember to always look on the bright side of things.

Mantis: Who's Bugsy??

Peter: Sorry *feeling embarrassed* that name just slipped. Do you mind?

Mantis: Of course not! Best friends call each other names like that all the time! Like Drax always says that I'm ugly!

Peter: What?! That's downright unfriendly.

Mantis: But in a good way!

Peter: Oh?

Mantis: He says that if I'm ugly and someone loves me, then I know that person loves me for who I am!

Peter: That's not a bad theory, but it isn't true.

Mantis: Huh?

Peter: You're not ugly at all! If anything, you're actually pretty cute for an alien.

Mantis: You really think so?

Peter: Trust me, I know so *smiles at her*

Mantis: *Smiles back naturally*

Peter: See? You look pretty when you smile. You should do it more often. Anyway, It's really late. We should go to sleep now.

Mantis: Ok! *gets into bed*

Peter: *gets comfortable on the couch*

Mantis: Goodnight, Peter!

Peter: Night, Bugsy *whispers name to himself*

$$$