Epilogue

A year later

$$$

Mantis: *yawns to herself as she fries two eggs in a saucepan*

*It's now 2:00 in the morning*

Mantis: *suddenly feels a rough hand grab her by the waist and gag her mouth*

Burglar: Give me your wallet and I'll ease your suffering *presses a gun to her head*

Mantis: *doesn't panic and touches his arm* Sleep.

Burglar: *drops to the kitchen floor, unconscious*

Mantis: *leaves him there and continues cooking*

$$$

*It's now 7:30 in the morning*

Peter: *webs his way downstairs to the kitchen* Morning, Bugsy! *kisses her temple*

Mantis: Morning! *serves him at the dining table* Breakfast is served!

Peter: *notices the unconscious burglar on the kitchen floor* Who's that??

Mantis: Just another house burger.

Peter: House burglar.

Mantis: Same thing *picks up her cutlery* Bon Appétit!

$$$

Tour Guide: Without further ado, I give you ... Tony Stark's private lab!!! *now giving a tour of Stark Industries*

Mantis: *joining the tour with Peter at back of the group*

Tour Guide: We are now standing on the very floor where Mr. Stark designed the first nanotech suit!!! Now you can look around, but remember not to touch any of the projectiles in the lab.

Peter: *follows Mantis to an upgraded nanotech machine gun in the corner of the room*

Mantis: Ooh! This looks interesting! *reads signs on the controls* O. N. ON! *reaches to touch the button*

Peter: No no no no no don't— *moves to stop her*

Mantis: *presses ON button and watches as a huge red-and-gold missile explodes from the cannon*

*Missile hits far wall, crashes through it and exits the building into the city, leaving behind a huge hole in the wall*

Mantis: *watches missile leave in absolute amazement*

Peter: *watches in absolute horror*

*All the tourists and Tour Guide turn to look at them*

Elderly Lady: Look! It's the little gal who harassed me the other day! *same old lady from before* I thought I told you to keep her away from me, boy! *waves her walking stick at Peter*

Peter: *still terrified of her and her walking stick* S-sorry Mrs. Brogden! *takes Mantis by her hand and stumbles towards the exit* C'mon. Let's go, Mantis.

Mantis: But it's the old lady from last year! HI OLD LADY!!! *waves cheerfully at the elderly woman* Let her catch up to us, Peter!

Peter: I'd rather we didn't, Mantis *trying to escape the elderly's wrath and exit the Industry*

Elderly Lady: Hey! Get back here, boy! I ain't showing mercy on you no more!!!! *staggers towards them*

Mantis: AWW! She's still so cute the last time I saw her, don't you think??