Movie Madness

Day 3, Week 2

$$$

Ned: I just happened to see that there's a new documentary on grizzly bears in the cinema last week. You guys interested?

Peter: Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!

Mantis: Ok! Wait ... What's a documentary??

Peter: It's basically a whole collection of videos of scientists filming stuff that's real.

Mantis: What's a film??

Ned: It's like watching moving pictures on a screen.

Mantis: *thinks deeply* I cannot envision it.

Peter: It'll make more sense when you see it *escorting her to the cinema*

*Ned follows behind*

$$$

Ned: *getting hotdogs and popcorn for the group* So tell me, Mantis: How do you not know what a movie is?!

Mantis: I'm from--

Peter: The countryside! Yes, she grew up in the countryside her whole life, so she's not used to the city yet.

Ned: Whoa! That's so cool! What do you learn there?

Mantis: I don't know--

Peter: Farm stuff! You know, like farming. And farm animals. And horses *has no idea what living in the countryside's like*

*Awkward silence*

Ned: Well I'll tell you one thing: Country Life is so different from City Life.

*Approach ticket-checker*

Ned: *hands the ticker-checker his ticket*

Ticket-Checker: *scans it*

Ned: Thank you *walks off ahead*

Peter: *hands over Mantis' ticket*

Ticket-Checker: I'm sorry ma'am, but no hats inside the theater.

Peter: Why not?

Ticket-Checker: For security purposes. Unless you've got something to hide?

Mantis: Actually, yes! I am hiding something! How did you know??

Peter: *cringes and looks away*

Ticket-Checker: *staring suspiciously* Is that so?

Peter: *whispering* Bugsy, don't! *shakes his head vigorously and makes cutting motion with his hands*

Mantis: *Nods and gives Peter a thumbs-up and a winky face* I actually have these little antennas that helps me with my empathetic abilities *points to her head*

Ticket-Checker: *has no idea what she's talking about*

Mantis: Peter was the one who suggested I hide them as not to attract unwanted--

Peter: *stuffs a hotdog into her mouth* WHAT my friend here meant to tell you was ... Umm, that she is ... suffering from a huge concussion, so there's this really big lump on her head that she doesn't want anyone to see, as not to attract unwanted attention *smiles widely*

Ticket-Checker: Alright ... I suppose I can let it slide. Just this once *staring at Mantis chewing on the hotdog*

Peter: Great thank you so much sir! *grabs Mantis and rushes away*