Ethereal Alien

Day 5, Week 3

$$$

Peter: *wakes up and finds himself in someone's room*

Mantis: You are awake *sitting by his bedside once more*

Peter: *rubs his eyes* Where am I??

Mantis: Quill's ship.

Peter: And, how long was I out??

Mantis: Three days.

Peter: Three days?!!

Mantis: Most of your neurons froze up from your time in Space. The rest are still shocked, but you will recover in a matter of days.

Peter: Mantis—

Mantis: Of all the crazy things I know you did, none of them compare to what you recently pulled!!! *angry and upset* Why did you try to come after me??

Peter: *hesitant to answer* I wanted to see ... If I could convince you to come back. You left this behind *hands her the brooch she gave him*

Mantis: But I already told you I wouldn't. You know why. And keep it *gestures to the brooch* it is meant for you.

Peter: *looks at it closely and sees slight burn marks around it* This ... Was what you retrieved from the cinema fire! *realising*

Mantis: It is just a token of my appreciation. For being my friend. I've had it since the attack of The Chitauri.

Peter: *looks at it for a long moment before pinning it to her collarbone* I look horrible in green. It's more of your colour. As is Earth.

Mantis: But I am not like the other girls on your planet *getting teary*

Peter: Exactly. You're the sweetest, generous and most compassionate girl I've ever known. You made my days pass by faster than you know, and you taught me how to find the bright side of things. I would've never known how to appreciate the small moments in my life if I haven't met you.

Mantis: But ... I'm not like Liz.

Peter: *freezes at the mention of that name*

Mantis: You still think of her. In your dreams.

Peter: How do you know about that??

Mantis: That morning in the hotel room, almost two weeks ago.

Peter: Mantis, look. It's not what you think it is—

Mantis: Do you still love her??

Peter: W-what??

Mantis: *looks at him sorrowfully* Do you, still love her??

Peter: What, no! I ... Thought I could never love anyone as much as I loved her.

Mantis: Now what do you think??

Peter: That I was wrong, and that I love this person more.