5 || 𝙎 𝙐 𝙍 𝙋 𝙍 𝙄 𝙎 𝙀

𝚂𝚠𝚊𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 - 𝟷𝟷:𝟹𝟶𝚙𝚖

Steve and I had just finished dinner and he was driving me back home.

"Ugh, sorry, can you take this road, my mom asked me to pick up something she left at my new house."

"No problem."

"I can, with no hesitation whatsoever, confirm that that was the best dinner I've ever had in a long time, Commander," I turned to Steve as he pulled up in the driveway.

"Is that so?"

"You bet all your fancy Navy Seal awards."

"No, stop," he laughed, "Ok fine I'll admit, you're better at taking bets than me."

"Thank you."

We fell into a slightly awkward silence.

"So, heh, I should go get that thing."

I ducked out of Steve's truck and made a beeline for the house. I shuffled around, looking for my keys, but before I could unlock the door, I found that it was already open. I pulled out my gun, and tried to wave Steve over silently. I took careful steps into the house. But then I stopped.

What? It's already furnished? Is that cake? 

SUR - PLEASE DON'T SHOOT US - PRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

"Oh my God."

My entire family and all my friends stood in front of me as confetti rained down.

"Fin, what happene-"

I turned around to see Steve standing with his gun raised.

"Heh, looks like this is your final stop."

"IS THAT A BOY?" I heard my aunty shout out.

Bloody hell.

"Ok Steve, time to leave," I chuckled, "Hey, that rhymes. Thanks for everything, I really appreciate it. You don't know how much fun I had tonight."

He smiled down at me, "No problem, Fin, enjoy your cake. Yup, that's right, I saw that longing look on your face."

"Wow, look at you being all observant, good night Commander."

He ran his hand down my arm, "Good night, Sergeant."

Did I just get electrocuted? Because sparks are shooting through my arm.

"Beta!" *

I turned around and saw my parents, "Ammi! Abbu!" *

I ran and hugged them, "A surprise party? And you decorated? No, you shouldn't have! Oh, but this cake, on the other hand..."

"QUAD SQUAD COMING THROUGH!!"

I turned around and saw my 2 best friends, my squad from high school.

"OH MY- CAN'T BREATHE UGH!"

They stopped strangling me and smiled.

"I though you had abs of steel Fin," Tenielle smirked.

"Look at you Ten, you finally got the hairline transplant for your fivehead," I playfully mocked her.

I turned to Kyla and Cara, "Oh gosh, my fellow brown gal!"

"That's right! I'm the brown friend!" Kyla yelled.

"Ahh, I missed you guys so much!"

"What about me? You find yourself a new white boy and I'm already replaced?"