2 6 || 𝙍 𝙊 𝙊 𝙆 𝙄 𝙀 [1/3]

𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝕋ℝ𝕀𝔸𝕃𝕊 𝕆𝔽 𝕁𝕌𝕊𝕋𝕀ℂ𝔼 - 𝔽𝕃𝔸𝕊ℍ𝔹𝔸ℂ𝕂  [ℙ𝔸ℝ𝕋 𝟙]

𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚝𝚎  𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎 - 𝟹  𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜  𝚊𝚐𝚘

Tap tap tap.

I impatiently tapped my foot as I waited in a little lounge area. It had been 2 months since the president approached me and offered me a job with the USSS. I was scheduled to meet my new training officer. She was going to train me for a year before I could start my job as the private detail to the president. My tapping stopped when a door swung open.

"Sergeant Swagger?"

"Yes?"

"My name is Spe-"

"Special Agent Oprah Denning, sister to a senator of Hawaii, first woman to hold a position on the USSS board."

"Well then, looks like someone has done their research. Come on, we're leaving now."

"What? Now? Like right now?"

"Of course honey," she smiled at me, "The sooner you start, the sooner you can take your position in the White House. Plus, I've never trained a female agent before. I could use some girl power on this team."

It took every inch of my strength not to start jumping about in joy. I smiled widely before looking for the door, "So, uh, do the doors always disappear?"

✦ ✧ ✩ ✨ ✩ ✧ ✦

𝚊  𝚏𝚎𝚠  𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑𝚜  𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

"HARDER!"

"I'M TRYING DAMMIT!"

I punched away at a mechanical dummy as Oprah observed from a safe zone. It dodged all my blows, making my frustration grow even more.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I tackled the dummy, completely ripping it in half. I huffed angrily, wiping the sweat away from my face.

Oprah walked in and I prepared myself for her lecture.

"Wipe that dirty look off your damn face, I'm not going to lecture you. I want to introduce you to someone."

I got up off the floor and straightened out my training suit. A middle aged man stood in front of me. He stuck out his hand, "Senator Malcolm Darko, the pleasure is all mine."

"Wow, now I'm meeting senators?" I drawled.

"Sergeant, I have been closely watching your progress over the last 6 months, and I must say, you are by far the most skilled operative I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I can't believe they hired a female, they never do."

My eyes widened, "Wow, thanks. And they really should start hiring more ladies."

Senator Darko smiled at me, "Indeed. I hope we meet again, Sergeant."

I cautiously watched as Senator Darko exited the room. I eyed Oprah wearily, "Why was he here?"

"I don't know. Perhaps he has his eye on you, wants you to be his detail."

"I only serve the president. I also don't like him. The look in his eyes, just gave me chills."

"Loose the attitude, Rookie. You're lucky you even got this job. I don't particularly like the Senator either, but we have to know our place."

I said nothing, merely turning around and walking away. I entered my room and stripped. My muscles were sore, but after repeating the vigorous routine of busting up robots for 6 months, I had become accustomed to it. I stepped into the shower and allowed the cool water to wash my thoughts away.