1 7 || 𝙏 𝙃 𝙀 𝙈 𝙀 𝙎 𝙊 𝙉 𝙂

𝚆𝚊𝚒𝚔𝚒𝚔𝚒  𝙱𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑 - 𝟿:𝟶𝟶𝚊𝚖 (𝟺  𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜  𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛)

I was having breakfast with the girls. Ever since I got back from India, I had been running around, telling people I wasn't dead. My parents were so happy to see me, Ammi even burst into tears. I stayed with them for 2 days, before going back to my house, which the team kept clean whilst I was gone. I had dinner with the family and my friends, telling them about my travels, and inconspicuously leaving out the part where Steve showed up. I just told them that the whole team came to India to get me.

For now, we decided to keep things casual.

**FLASHBACK**

𝙽𝚊𝚟𝚊𝚕  𝙰𝚒𝚛𝚌𝚛𝚊𝚏𝚝 - 𝟺 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚊𝚐𝚘

I lay on the floor, in Steve's arms. Honestly, the floor was much more comfortable than the seats. Steve had fallen asleep an hour ago, so I stayed put, not wanting to wake him up. I thought about the events of the past 12 hours.

Everyone clapped and cheered when we kissed.

Kareem burst into tears.

I told Kareem to visit Hawaii.

I left India with the man I love.

And then there I was, on the floor of a Navy plane, in the arms of said man, who was stirring from his sleep.

"Hey," his husky voice still made shivers go down my spine.

"Hey Sailor, hope you had a good sleep."

"Well, I did, but you made it better," he smiled, leaning down to kiss me.

"Ahem."

I looked up, annoyed, "What?"

"We'll be landing in 20."

"Thank you, Soldier. You can go now." Steve smiled at the soldier, while I stuck my tongue out as he walked away.

"Real mature, Sergeant. Real mature."

I just laughed at him, "I'm not as bad as Danny."

"No one is!"

We fell into comfortable silence for a while.

"Steve?"

"Yeah Fin?"

I smiled, "Nothing, I just like it when you call me that. No one has called me that for a month now."

He gave me one of his goofy, boyish smiles.

"I can't believe you went all over India looking for me."

"I can't believe you came back with me."

"Steve, I forgive you. You know that."

"I do. I just-"

"Shhh, you talk too much." I mocked him.

"Hah, that's rich coming from you."

We made small talk for the rest of the ride home, avoiding the real topic at hand, until finally, we landed, and saw the team waiting outside.

"Wait," Steve stopped me.

"Please say it because I don't want to."

"What are we?"