2 2 || 𝙁 𝘼 𝙉 𝙂 𝙄 𝙍 𝙇 𝙎

𝚂𝚠𝚊𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛  𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 - 𝟾:𝟶𝟶𝚊𝚖

My eyes slowly cracked open, blinking continuously as it adjusted to the bright light streaming through the windows.

I felt a dull ache in my muscles as I stretched. I relaxed, letting my outstretched arms collapse onto the bed. My right arm, however, didn't land on the softness of my bed, but rather on something...hard?

I sat up quickly, a bit shaken from the sudden feeling. I saw a mess of brown hair. A figure was sleeping on their stomach, stretched out across most of the bed. I blinked several times, remembering the events of the previous night.

**FLASHBACK**

𝟽  𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜  𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚛

I unlocked the front door, heels in one hand, and Steve's hand in the other. I pulled him inside with me, leading him up the stairs.

"Why do we always end up at your place?" Steve mused.

"Always? Steve, this is the second time," I laughed, "Come on, you're talking way too much."

"Oh, someone's in a hurry," Steve smirked at me, picking my up into his arms.

"You've got to stop doing that."

"You know you like it."

"Once again, too much tal-"

He silenced me with a kiss, walking into the bedroom.

And then, my back hit the bed and our clothes hit the floor.

I smiled, rubbing the happy ache in my legs. I traced the patterns of Steve's tattoos, causing him to stir.

"Morning," he smiled at me, his eyes still half closed. I leaned down next to him and kissed him.

"I could get used to waking up to that," he smirked at me as I pulled away.

"Really?"

He sat up, and stretched, before pulling me into his arms, "So, what now?"

"Now, we eat. I'm starving," I laughed.

"Well, you did a lot of exercise last night, Sergeant."

I gasped a bit, chuckling, "Steve! Where are all these innuendos coming from?"

"From you, you inspire me-"

"Oh shut up, let's-"

CLANG!

We both shot out of the bed, hearing the noise downstairs.

"Steve, wait! You have no clothes on, you idiot!"

He looked down and realisation hit him, before he grabbed his boxers and pants. I pulled out my little silk robe and slipped it on quickly. I handed him my spare gun, and pulled mine out the bedside drawer. We slowly slipped out the room, checking upstairs and then heading down. The clanging noise continued. As we turned around the corner, I saw a figure standing over the sink, holding a knife.

"Put the knife down, and turn around slowly."

As the figure turned around and I'm pretty sure my jaw dropped to the floor.

"AMMI?!"

"Seraphina! And..."

My mother turned to Steve, who had the most stunned expression on his face. She looked between the both of us, confusion written on her face. Just then, a phone rang upstairs.