3 0 || 𝙇 𝙊 𝘾 𝙆 𝘿 𝙊 𝙒 𝙉

This chapter is dedicated to the author who inspired me to take that leap of faith and write my first story, this story: thank you hepburnettes <33

𝙰𝙳𝚇  𝙵𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎  𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚗, 𝚆𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗'𝚜  𝚆𝚊𝚛𝚍 - 9:𝟶𝟶𝚊𝚖

After being forced into an ill-fitting orange uniform, I was dragged against my will into the courtyard. The guards pushed me onto the ground and slammed the gate shut. I was supposed to wait in this hell hole until my trial. 

I unwillingly got up and looked around. About 150 women sat around, some playing basketball, some just observing. I rubbed my elbow and walked over to an empty bench. 

It took every ounce of my strength not to burst into tears.

Here I was, sitting ol' jolly in prison, while Steve was either fighting for his life in hospital or 6 feet under by now. I looked up to the misty blue sky.

Why me.

Why.

I'd just like to know. 

If you want to punish me, punish me alone. 

Not Steve, not anyone else I love.

Oh, and God? Do a favour for me: keep them out of this.

✦ ✧ ✩ ✨ ✩ ✧ ✦

𝙸𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚒 𝙿𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎 - 7:𝟶𝟶𝚊𝚖  [𝟸 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛]

*STEVE'S POV*

Danny was going to kill me. 

I knew I should have been at home, resting, but I couldn't get her out of my head. How could I lose her? Again? And I won't even be able to see her because they put her in a max prison in Colorado.

"Commander?"

"Uh yeah, sorry, please continue, Senator."

This man, Malcolm Darko, was sent by the White House with the case file, "Commander, as you now know, her position with the USSS was terminated. She didn't resign. Her boss, Oprah Dennings-"

"Dennings?"

"Yes, I'm afraid so. She is the sister of the Governor. That's how Ms Swagger got her job with 5-0. Commander, Ms Swagger-"

"Sergeant. It's Sergeant. She hates it when people address her with the wrong title," I stated bluntly, my eyes drifting towards the photo of us on my desk.

"Of course, but that will no longer be the case, as all her awards and titles thereof have been revoked by the United States government, impeding the investigation."

"The trial didn't even start yet, man! You can't just-"

"It wasn't my decision, Commander. President's orders. This is the case file," Malcolm handed me a thick brown file, "To sum it up, Ms Swagger willingly gave state secrets to the Russian government, knowing that this would compromise state security. She did this in cold blood after being fired."

"Why was she even fired?" I spat.

"Her codes were used to access confidential data and... she's also the main suspect in the White House killings."

"What? 43 people were killed, right? No way, there is no way-"

"Commander McGarrett, you need to keep a clear head. I am aware of your relationship with Ms Swagger and that is why 5-0 will not be permitted to investigate this case."

"EXCUSE ME? You cannot do that! She's one of ours! Who the hell do you think you are, huh?" I got up from my seat and approached him, "You're just some ratty politician, coming here and-"

"STEVE!" Danny yelled as he rushed into HQ.

Great.

"Senator, thank you for your time, but you should leave. NOW," I glared at Malcolm.

"Very well Commander, but here's a penny for your thought: Ms Swagger kept quite the secret from you... as did Lieutenant Rollins. It seems that you have a reputation to get mixed up with dangerous women, Commander."

"YOU SON OF A-" I immediately lunged for him, but Danny held me back, "Let go Danny! Let-"

"STEVE CALM DOWN! JUST CALM DOWN YOU ANIMAL! You just tried to attack someone from the White House!"

"That guy, he was supposed to drop off a case file, not sit here in my office and have a fat chat and drop god damn hints," I huffed.

Danny started with his hand motions, "Okay, okay so what now? We have to appear on the witness stand and be grilled by some G-Man lawyer who is probably going to say the same things... you won't be able to get up and punch him, you know."

"I know."

"Excuse me?"

"I said I know, Danny. What did you expect me to do, huh? Sit around and watch the woman I love get sent away forever, or try and find a hole in this case?"

Danny stopped pacing, "Hole? You think she didn't do it?"

"No, I think she did do it, but for some other reason, I mean there has to be another explanation for this..."

"Steve, we all feel that she's innocent but we can't just storm into the courtroom without evidence."

"That's why we are going to investigate this ourselves."

"Against Presidential orders?"

"Quite frankly, Danny, no one is going to stop me from going through with this. Go get the others, we're going to Colorado."

✦ ✧ ✩ ✨ ✩ ✧ ✦

𝙰𝙳𝚇  𝙵𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎  𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚗 - 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚐𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗  𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚖

"What," I began, "The hell... do... you want?"

Malcolm had dragged me to an interrogation room, for reasons I did not know.

"You're such a... piece of crap, you know that? But... thanks for taking off the muzzleeee," I slurred.

These drugs they are giving me definitely cannot be legal. 

"Ugh, I can't feel my... tentacles... what?" I started to shake as I hallucinated.

"Seraphina, there is someone here to see you," Malcolm smiled at me.

I swung my head around as a door screeched open, the sound hurting my ears.

A tall man with blonde hair sat across from me. I tried to register who sat there, but their voice gave it away.

"Klein?" 

"Hey, uh, sorry I'm late, but uh-"

Tears started flowing out, "Klein, you're heereeeeeee to save me, Klein don't leave me, they gave me something, I, I," I continued to slur.

"Seraphina, please, I hate seeing you like this. Just listen to me, okay? I am so sorry for everything, please, I would never do anything to hurt you, but I- I had no choice-"

"Whattt," I started to sober up.

"Oh he had a choice," Malcolm stated, "He had a choice when he shot your beloved's plane down."

✦ ✧ ✩ ✨ ✩ ✧ ✦

Double update today yay!

The dirt is being dished!! I just want to thank everyone for the everlasting support! I even qualified for the Wattys!! Thank you guys so so much <3 please remember to vote and add to your reading lists!! Love you guys tons!

Please let me know what you think of the story so far or if you have any cool ideas ;)

Stay smooth y'all - Aunty Linika