2 3 || 𝙎 𝙃 𝙀 𝙉 𝘼 𝙉 𝙄 𝙂 𝘼 𝙉 𝙎

"Come on. Looks like everyone else arrived. I want you to meet them."

✦ ✧ ✩ ✨ ✩ ✧ ✦

𝚂𝚠𝚊𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛  𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 - 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝

"Hey Abbu! How was the fishing?"

"Great, we even saw a shar-"

"NOO, PLEASE, SAVE IT, LORD," everyone groaned as my father and his brothers began the tale they told every time they went fishing.

"But-"

"Nope, you can't fool anyone anymore, Abbu. I'm not 6 anymore, I know sharks can't jump aboard, grab the cooler and shimmy off," I laughed.

"Why is there a white boy staring at my cabinet?"

"Wha-"

I turned around and saw Steve inspecting my father's awards cabinet. It was a huge, beautifully hand crafted cabinet, made of the finest mahogany, that displayed all my father's army awards and decorations. I watched in amusement as Steve unknowingly asked Aunt Vidia whose awards they were. Quiet laughter rippled out of my mouth when Steve made a face, staring at the cabinet, shocked and impressed.

I cleared my throat, "Ahem, Steve."

He looked up, his eyes drifting between my father and I, "Yeah?"

"Steve, I'd like you to meet my father, General Stallone Swagger. Abbu, this is my boss and good friend, Commander Steve McGarrett.

"It's an honour to meet you, General, Fin never mentioned that you were with the US Army."

"So, you're Commander McGarrett, huh? I've heard many things. Your 5-0 task force is renowned for its work."

"Thank you, It's even better now that Fin has joined," Steve replied, smiling at me. I blushed slightly, turning away and speaking, "Abbu, I hope you don't mind this, but Ammi and the gang invited Steve over for dinner tonight."

"Not a problem, Seraphina."

I reeled back slightly, shocked that my father had not killed Steve yet. The only men my father had ever approved of, though not for romantic purposes, were Reece, Klein, and my boys from RAW.

"A drink, Commander?"

"Yes, thank you."

"What about you, Beta?"

"No thanks Abbu. You know my policy."

Steve moved over on the couch, motioning for me to sit with him, "You never told me why you don't drink? Not that that's a bad thing. I mean drinking is nice. I mean not a lot, just occasionally."

I grinned at his rambling, "I just never got into it."

"That's my girl, always so responsible. Always obeying rules and behaving. Right Commander?"

"Yup, okay, YAY!" I interrupted my father, "Hey Abbu, won't you help me okay YAY!"

I proceeded to drag my father out the room and into the pantry, "What are you doing?!"

"Standing in the pantry?"

"ABBU?!?!? Don't be all intimidating! Be nice okay, that's my boss. I don't want him to think my family is one of those crazy, super intimidating, military families!"

"But we are."

My eye twitched, "I know! But for now, keep it on the low. Please? For your favourite person in the world? Me?"