7 || 𝙎 𝙋 𝙇 𝙄 𝙏

𝙾𝚕𝚍  𝙿𝚊𝚕𝚒  𝚁𝚘𝚊𝚍 - 𝟷𝟼:𝟹𝟶𝚙𝚖

"I was thinking Peggy Carter."

I couldn't get Jerry's words out of my head.

Did he say it on purpose?

Or did I actually remind him of the fictional heroine?

Or was it something else?

"I have eyes on Jason."

We were en route to capture our perp, Jason Hollier. Turns out he was targeting Maggie's parents because they gave the go ahead for a car seat design that killed this guy's 2 year old daughter. Honestly, I really felt bad for him, but this was not the way to avenge his daughter.

Steve jumped out the car and aimed his gun at Hollier, "Put the gun down, Jason, just put the gun down. We know it isn't your fault, it's okay."

Jason started to tear up, "Do you know what it feels like? To lose someone you love? To live with the guilt that it's your fault? No, you can't! I just want my little girl ba- back!"

I stepped forward, "Jason, I know what it feels like. My Grandpa died from cancer, and even though I was little, I felt that I could have taken the cigarettes away from him. I felt guilty for a long time. Don't make someone else feel your pain. It can all end. Now."

He dropped to the ground, sobbing.

"Book em, Danno."

I ran over to the Jason's car and pulled Sophie out, "Hey it's okay. You're okay now. Look! Your mommy's here!" I let her run out of my arms, into the arms of her mother. I couldn't help but think of Sarah, how she could have ran back into her mother's arms.

Steve walked up to me, "Hey, so I'm throwing this paperwork on Danny's desk, you wanna get some food?"

I smiled, "Sorry Steve, but I'm busy today, I'm meeting my parents."

He smiled, "No worries! See you tomorrow, Sergeant."

I smiled back and saluted him playfully. As I drove away, I felt guilty for lying. I knew it wasn't a date or anything, but I just couldn't.

✦ ✧ ✩ ✨ ✩ ✧ ✦

𝚂𝚠𝚊𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛  𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎  (𝟷  𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑  𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛)

My hands hit the ground as I started doing push ups. Working out was a great way to let your emotions go, and ever since D.C., it was the only way I let them go. I was just starting another set when Ammi called me.

"BETA, I'M HOME! AND PEOPLE ARE HERE TO SEE YOU!"

Please, dear Lord, don't be Uncle Jorge and his cats.

"Gran-gran!! Aunty Sage! COUSINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I squealed and ran towards them excitedly.

2 of my cousins stood in front of me, beaming.

"Eliah, Rico, where are all the other idiots?" I laughed.

Rico embraced me, "Went on a fishing trip with your Abbu. I'd much rather be here with you."

"Aww you guys!"

I went to hug Eliah, who turned away, "Ugh, it's you."

"..."

After a few seconds, we burst out laughing.

"I can't believe you remember that old joke!"

Eliah smiled, "I could never forget, Cuz."

We spent the rest of the morning catching up and eating Gran-gran's famous roast chicken.